Linux Simultaneous Audio Output on HDMI and DisplayPort
Hi experts,

I've an Intel NUC5i3RYH with OpenELEC. It it's connected to a TV via HDMI. So far, no problem. I've also an older AV receiver that should be connected via SPDIF coaxial. As the NUC has no SPDIF interface, I want to connect a special HDMI-SPDIF extractor from Ligawo with the DisplayPort interface of the NUC. In most cases I only want to use the TV for audio output. But in some cases, the TV should only display video and the AV receiver should handle the audio. In the last case the TV is off and only the AV receiver should play some music from the NUC.

I don't know whether Kodi is supporting my requirements. After activating passthrough in the audio settings, which is important to get multi channel audio data for the AV receiver, the TV keeps silent. Do you know, if there is a way to fit my requirements and simultaneously send audio data to the TV via HDMI and multi channel (passthrough) audio data to the AV receiver via DisplayPort and HDMI-Extractor?

Bye!
This is not supported by kodi.

Some builds that duplicate the AudioEngine are available in the Development section without any official support.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Simultaneous Audio Output on HDMI and DisplayPort0