Live TV missing
Hello,

Just installed Kodi on my Windows 7 PC

I do have the Hauppauge 2250 TV tuner card installed, and would like Kodi to do the recordings.

Question -- I don't see the "LIVE TV" option under settings? I see TV then Music, but not Live TV as shown is several videos I've watched.

Any ideas why it would be missing?
Start here: http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR

Kodi does not record, you will need to choose a backend pvr, and its associated Kodi pvr addon. I.e nextpvr software, and nextpvr addon for Kodi
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
I do use NextPVR.

Any idea why Live TV is missing from the menu?
Try enabling tv. It's in the configuring live tv section of the link above.
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
I went through the live tv section before I started the thread, so I'm at a loss on this one.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Configuring_live_TV_settings

Settings- general - live TV - enabled. Yes?
I have the same issue and believe it's because I'm using the Rapier skin, if I switch to Aeon Nox I get the option to turn on live TV but not with Rapier.

I guess the developer of Rapier has decided that they do not want live TV, which is fair enough as it's their skin, but as I like the look of Rapier I have decided to keep it and just use Next PVR from Windows desktop for live TV.

What skin are you using davidc502?

Ian.
Good call i completely forgot that some skins are not tv supported Smile
(2015-10-01, 00:51)idrabble Wrote: I have the same issue and believe it's because I'm using the Rapier skin, if I switch to Aeon Nox I get the option to turn on live TV but not with Rapier.

I guess the developer of Rapier has decided that they do not want live TV, which is fair enough as it's their skin, but as I like the look of Rapier I have decided to keep it and just use Next PVR from Windows desktop for live TV.

Hi Ian

Rapier absolutely fully supports live tv including extra support for several PVR add-ons.

Please let me know in detail what is not working for you.
(2015-10-03, 11:50)Gade Wrote:
(2015-10-01, 00:51)idrabble Wrote: I have the same issue and believe it's because I'm using the Rapier skin, if I switch to Aeon Nox I get the option to turn on live TV but not with Rapier.

Hi Ian

Rapier absolutely fully supports live tv including extra support for several PVR add-ons.

I don't even have the option to use Settings- general - live TV - enabled

I will try downloading the skin and re-installing again tonight and let you know how I get on.

Many thanks for the response, Ian.
You may have to change your settings to expert. Just a stab for that skin ( I don't have it)

http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings
I have reloaded the skin and now have the Live TV option so not sure what happened before, however I now have the issue that Kodi is launching PowerDVD to play Live TV, not the default player.

Is this a setting somewhere or do I need to edit my playercorefactory file? (copied below):

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD15\PowerDVD.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>

<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="*iso" player="PowerDVD" />
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
(2015-10-06, 03:06)idrabble Wrote:
(2015-10-03, 11:50)Gade Wrote:

Hi Ian

I don't even have the option to use Settings- general - live TV - enabled

I will try downloading the skin and re-installing again tonight and let you know how I get on.

Many thanks for the response, Ian.

Great you got it working.

The correct path to the Live TV settings is: System -> Settings -> TV or Live TV -> General -> Enabled.
The path you mention above doesn't exist.

This will be available in all setting levels: Basic to Expert.

Cheers
Gade

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV missing0