Rearrange Menu?
I've been looking for a good theme and I really like the way Xperience1080 looks. However, I don't like the order it presents the main menu tiles across the top. What I mean is, it goes "Home | Movies | TV Shows | Music | Applications | Weather | (gear)" Is there a way to swap Movies and TV Shows? I do a lot more TV Show viewing than Movies, and this will probably get old very quick.

Also, what's a good way to customize this for use with Emby? Has anybody made any changes to the Home screen?
(2015-09-29, 06:21)hansolo77 Wrote: I've been looking for a good theme and I really like the way Xperience1080 looks. However, I don't like the order it presents the main menu tiles across the top. What I mean is, it goes "Home | Movies | TV Shows | Music | Applications | Weather | (gear)" Is there a way to swap Movies and TV Shows? I do a lot more TV Show viewing than Movies, and this will probably get old very quick.

Also, what's a good way to customize this for use with Emby? Has anybody made any changes to the Home screen?

There is no skin option to change the order, you can edit the skin if you wish but it's time consuming.

As for Emby, I have no idea - I don't use it.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2015-09-29, 07:38)Piers Wrote:
(2015-09-29, 06:21)hansolo77 Wrote: I've been looking for a good theme and I really like the way Xperience1080 looks. However, I don't like the order it presents the main menu tiles across the top. What I mean is, it goes "Home | Movies | TV Shows | Music | Applications | Weather | (gear)" Is there a way to swap Movies and TV Shows? I do a lot more TV Show viewing than Movies, and this will probably get old very quick.

There is no skin option to change the order, you can edit the skin if you wish but it's time consuming.

As for Emby, I have no idea - I don't use it.

Emby is the new name for MB3. There was a mod called xperience1080++ that supported using Emby as the database. It is not maintained anymore. It still worked the last time that I tried it, but that has been a little while. See http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=165481
I've actually got Emby working with their official plugin for Kodi. My biggest problem I now face is how this skin remembers the View settings. I have over 100 TV Shows. I went to the first show and actually customized the View for the Season and Episodes. Then I backed out and went to the next show and saw everything was back to the default. However, the first show still had all the settings saved. Also, the 2nd season of the first show was back to the default as well. Is there not a way to have it save the settings globally?

Also, (off topic) is there a way to configure the spotlights to show random shows/movies rather than the most recent? I tried to change it to a playlist, but I don't know how to make that work. All of my media is stored on a remote server and Emby provides the database.
Update - Seems like I fixed the problem with the view settings. Looks like it was actually saving the view settings from my server. I was half asleep last night when I noticed it wasn't. The views that weren't saving were in an addon for radio stations. So I guess the view settings would have to be manually applied inside an addon, rather than have it grandfathered from the main GUI.

I would still like to have some assistance with the main spotlight windows to show random videos of TV shows (on that screen) and Movies (on that screen) rather than the most recent additions. I'll poke around and see if I can't figure it out, but if somebody knows an easy answer, please let me know!
(2015-09-29, 18:38)hansolo77 Wrote: I would still like to have some assistance with the main spotlight windows to show random videos of TV shows (on that screen) and Movies (on that screen) rather than the most recent additions. I'll poke around and see if I can't figure it out, but if somebody knows an easy answer, please let me know!

Create a smart playlist, set it as the source for the Spotlight area.

Heh beat me to it! I was just about to report that I figured it out by creating a Playlist, not trying to load a pre-existing one.

Man I'm really loving this setup! Taking me a few days but it's coming along great! Sure beats my HTPC I built lol. Now if I can only get some form of streaming Live TV to work. Smile
(2015-09-29, 21:55)hansolo77 Wrote: Now if I can only get some form of streaming Live TV to work. Smile

Make sure you only discuss legal streaming options, of which there are many, on these forums.

Oh I know. Smile

I've only had my setup for a day, just got the Pi on Sunday. I don't even know where to go to get stuff that would be illegal. All I know is what is presented in the menus. Thanks for your help!
Hey just throwing this out there. It's probably a KODI thing, and not directly related to this skin, but since I had to use it to make the skin work the way I wanted I'll post it here in my original thread.

When I build a playlist, so the "spotlight" images can scroll through my media randomly instead of what was recently added, I have the option to limit the amount of items on the list. Does Kodi generate this playlist when it first powers on, or will it generate a random list throughout the day? The reason I ask, it looks like the "spotlight" is limited to 10 items. If I set my playlist to a limit of 10, will it be the same 10 all the time from now on until I reboot it, or can I set it up somehow to change say every 2 hours or whatever? I thought about this when I recently rebooted, and it seemed to take a while to generate that playlist, just to have the skin limit it to only 10 of those items.
(2015-10-02, 04:38)hansolo77 Wrote: Hey just throwing this out there. It's probably a KODI thing, and not directly related to this skin, but since I had to use it to make the skin work the way I wanted I'll post it here in my original thread.

When I build a playlist, so the "spotlight" images can scroll through my media randomly instead of what was recently added, I have the option to limit the amount of items on the list. Does Kodi generate this playlist when it first powers on, or will it generate a random list throughout the day? The reason I ask, it looks like the "spotlight" is limited to 10 items. If I set my playlist to a limit of 10, will it be the same 10 all the time from now on until I reboot it, or can I set it up somehow to change say every 2 hours or whatever? I thought about this when I recently rebooted, and it seemed to take a while to generate that playlist, just to have the skin limit it to only 10 of those items.

You need to reload the area in order for it to provide new content. 10 items is the limit within the skin for that type.

Ok thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rearrange Menu?0