• 8(current)
Android Open Hour Gecko Unboxing and Feedback
(2015-11-05, 02:10)Milhouse Wrote: Syabas/OpenHour/Cloud Media/whatever on the other hand are banning apparently legitimate paying customers (as a C-200 owner I saw this happen often enough on the old networkmediatank.com forum) and denying them the support they are entitled to, sometimes for nothing more than stating uncomfortable facts about non-working but promised functionality.

Big difference.
Spot on.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2015-11-05, 15:30)hdmkv Wrote:
(2015-11-05, 02:10)Milhouse Wrote: Syabas/OpenHour/Cloud Media/whatever on the other hand are banning apparently legitimate paying customers (as a C-200 owner I saw this happen often enough on the old networkmediatank.com forum) and denying them the support they are entitled to, sometimes for nothing more than stating uncomfortable facts about non-working but promised functionality.

Big difference.
Spot on.

Totally agree

Would be interesting also to read an official reply not only from reseller
(2015-11-05, 01:51)dreamy Wrote:
(2015-11-05, 01:20)Roby77 Wrote:
(2015-11-05, 00:51)hdmkv Wrote: Syabas (Cloud Media) had decent media players in the A-200 & A-300 series days, and also a decent forum back then. I haven't visited networkedmediatank.com lately. Non-Kodi players seem so yesterday's solution these days, but one thing those players did get right was 3D and/or 23.976 (like M8R's X3D series), something the latest Android players w/Kodi are still having trouble with.

It's also record that dreamy never seen a ban and this topic is full of user banned

I became to suspect that beside reseller and moderator all user were banned Rofl

Btw as already said i was owner of a110, a210, a300 and a400

i'm a witness of what Cm advertise and what really their player do (when you are lucky)

NB:Nothing to say negative about video quality that beside a400 macro pixelation was always good

Maybe they're be allergic with the Italian member.

in che senso? #what's? Shocked
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
maybe french humour Big Grin
I need to join in on Banning people. Only people I ever ban is spam then again im a lazy moderator.
New firmware for Open Hour Gecko

Quote:1. Added ATMOS HDMI Bitsteam support
2. Updated the Clean up app
3. Fixed the SAMBA services being turn off after reboot issues
4. Added some languages localization
5. Updated custom to Kodi 15.0 Git: Unknown (Compiled: Oct 16 2015)

1. Download the firmware from: update_open_hour_gecko_20151106/update.zip (md5 checksum: 8507e6da742f863aedd80d638ccbfffb)
2. Copy the update.zip to the root of your thumbdrive.
3. Plug the thumbdrive to Gecko USB port.
4. Go to Settings -> System -> Local Upgrade -> Select Drive and OK. Then, player will reboot and update the firmware.

Link to download FW 20151106

They are stuck on Kodi 15.0
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

Looking forward to your impressions couto.

Quote:Updated custom to Kodi 15.0 Git
So, is Gecko using a custom Kodi or not? Thought it was an external player whose UI was made to look like Kodi's videoplayer?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Update first post

After 4 months since the release of gecko, they provide 1 available firmware that don't fix anything..
I think this sums what the company and player really worth...

Stay away from this product...
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

(2016-01-02, 16:47)couto27 Wrote: Update first post

After 4 months since the release of gecko, they provide 1 available firmware that don't fix anything..
I think this sums what the company and player really worth...

Stay away from this product...

This sucks... Proof they haven't changed.

I replaced my popcorn hour a410 with a gecko and it works great. yes it is a customized version of Kodiak 15. But I installed the SPMC fork which is up to 16.2 and use that.

I love the local movie integration plus streaming support of everything else. I can't do that with pch.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Open Hour Gecko Unboxing and Feedback0