Upgraded to 15.1, lost PS3 controller joystick controls & Watched shows memory
Hello,

I just installed Kodi 15.1 (upgraded from Gotham) and was surprised to see that I lost the joystick function of the ps3 controller. On Gotham the right joy stick controlled the sound volume and the left one would fast forward easily through a program with pretty good precision.

I feel the ps3 controller is a great kodi controller as does pretty much everything you want it to and the joystick controls give you precision when fast forwarding through video.

Since I upgraded to Kodi 15.1 neither of the joystick controls work and there seems to be no way to control volume. Is there a fix for this or was it intended for these not to work any more?

Also I backed up my entire xbmc folder so I still have my old appdatta etc. but I don't know what file contains my watched history and where to put it in the new kodi folders.

I have read the wiki on this but it really doesn't tell you where the watched history files are and how to transfer them over to Kodi.

Any help would be appreciated.
The watched history is in the database, so as long as the database upgraded successfully there should be no issue.
(2015-09-29, 18:13)helta Wrote: The watched history is in the database, so as long as the database upgraded successfully there should be no issue.

Where is the database and how exactly is it named?

When I updated it asked me if I wanted to transfer everything from my previous xbmc instal, I selected yes and nothing was brought over, it was a completely new install no settings, watched history was transferred.

I made a complete copy of the XBMC files I just need to know which ones I need to move and replace in the kodi folder.

I have already installed the repositories and plugin's, I just need my watched history for files stored on the hard drive.
Well the first question is, do you have all your files stored on the hard drive showing up in the library?
(2015-09-29, 20:59)helta Wrote: Well the first question is, do you have all your files stored on the hard drive showing up in the library?

Yes, but I had to recreate those path's when I switched to Kodi, it was literally a fresh install.

Once I pointed Kodi in the right direction it started scraping/ getting movie and tv show info, so everything in that regard has been downloaded by kodi.

I am just looking to update the watched into so I don't have to go in and manually mark everything as watched.
Yeah thats your problem, you essentially started a new database rather then updating the old one.

If you don't care about your new library, do this:

Close Kodi
Go to your Kodi userdata/database folder, rename any MyVideos##.db files to MyVideos##.db.bak or whatever
Confirm you have a MyVideos##.db (the ## being the highest of all the video database files) from your old XBMC userdata/database folder.
Copy that MyVideos##.db to your kodi userdata/database folder

Re-open Kodi and it should upgrade the database for you.
(2015-09-30, 01:42)helta Wrote: Yeah thats your problem, you essentially started a new database rather then updating the old one.

If you don't care about your new library, do this:

Close Kodi
Go to your Kodi userdata/database folder, rename any MyVideos##.db files to MyVideos##.db.bak or whatever
Confirm you have a MyVideos##.db (the ## being the highest of all the video database files) from your old XBMC userdata/database folder.
Copy that MyVideos##.db to your kodi userdata/database folder

Re-open Kodi and it should upgrade the database for you.

That is exactly what I was looking for!!! Thank you so much! I did what you said and my watched history is back!

I don't know why they don't put a simple explanation like that on the kodi wiki page. What they have there is so confusing.

Is there anything else from the database I should transfer over?

Now for the PS3 controller that seems to only partially function now. On top of the 2 thumb joy sticks now doing nothing the left and right bottom triggers also do nothing. They were great for quickly moving up and down long lists in kodi.

Any idea how to get these back working, I assume they just need to be mapped in Kodi, any idea where that file is located?

Thank's again.
Here is more information about the installer when upgrading XBMC to Kodi. I'm not exactly sure what options you chose etc.

Truthfully, I don't use a joystick with Kodi so I can't really comment on your joystick issues.

Anyway, some more files you may want to copy over from your xbmc userdata folder are:
advancedsettings.xml (if you had created one previously)
sources.xml (it sounds like you have already entered in all your old paths and created a new sources.xml, but it may be wise to overwrite the new one with the old one)
also check for any files in your keymaps folder (if you had changed any key controls from the default)

Can't really think of anything else.
(2015-09-30, 14:37)helta Wrote: Here is more information about the installer when upgrading XBMC to Kodi. I'm not exactly sure what options you chose etc.

Truthfully, I don't use a joystick with Kodi so I can't really comment on your joystick issues.

Anyway, some more files you may want to copy over from your xbmc userdata folder are:
advancedsettings.xml (if you had created one previously)
sources.xml (it sounds like you have already entered in all your old paths and created a new sources.xml, but it may be wise to overwrite the new one with the old one)
also check for any files in your keymaps folder (if you had changed any key controls from the default)

Can't really think of anything else.

Thanks again,

I read that Kodi 15.2 fixed the ps3 controller mapping, but it's still a beta. Any idea if it's stable enough to use full time?

I didn't get all of my sources installed as i forgot some of them, I'll have a look and see what I am missing.

What is the advancedsettings.xml? Things like settings to turn off subtitles automatically etc.?

Maybe the keymaps is the key to fixing my ps3 controller, I will look for it and see if I can edit it.

Thanks again,
They are settings that the common user would never really use or know about. The settings that can be changed there are not available to change via the GUI, hence the advancedsettings.
(2015-09-30, 19:31)helta Wrote: They are settings that the common user would never really use or know about. The settings that can be changed there are not available to change via the GUI, hence the advancedsettings.

Ok, I didn't change anything in the advanced settings.

Strange thing is my batteries died on the controller so I plugged it into the computer to chage. When it was done the joy stick's worked and the l2 and r2 also worked. It must have needed to be re-synched for them to be recognized by Kodi.

The volume is a little strange, up turns it down and left turns it up.... aside from that everything work fine now.

Thanks for the help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgraded to 15.1, lost PS3 controller joystick controls & Watched shows memory0