Pofiles and Channel Groups Problem
I have set up Kodi with 2 profiles one for me and one for the kids. On my profile I created a channel group in group manager, so I put all the channels in a specific order.

When changing between profiles - going into the kids profile - this channel group is lost - kodi appears to just delete it.

Likewise, if I create a channel grouping in the kids profile - it is then deleted when switching back to my log in.

Am I doing something wrong or is Kodi unable to handle channel groups separately according to the relevant profile?

I am very new to Kodi and still learning my way around so grateful of any assistance!

Mike
what pvr are you using?
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
Sorry - I'm using DVB Link.
Ok, not sure on that. There is a sub forum in Pvr and live tv support for Dvblink http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=236

You may want to re ask there if this thread doesn't get moved first..

Dvblink also also have an active forum here: https://forum.dvblogic.com/index.php

I did a quick search over there for you, and saw a post (not multiple profiles) where a user kept losing their channel groups. It was because the programmed them on Kodi, not the backend. Since the backend has channel group support through the Kodi addon, it would overwrite the local Kodi channel groups.
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
Ah, many thanks. That would make sense. I'll give that a try!

Thanks for the assistance!

Mike
Report back if you get yourself sorted Smile
Thanks for the help but unfortunately, I couldn't get it sorted. Tried setting the groups using DVB Link but this just crashed Kodi. Have managed to resolve it by deleting the profiles, setting the channel groups within Kodi and using PIN Sentry to control access.
(2015-09-30, 00:49)Redwingsfansfc Wrote: I did a quick search over there for you, and saw a post (not multiple profiles) where a user kept losing their channel groups. It was because the programmed them on Kodi, not the backend. Since the backend has channel group support through the Kodi addon, it would overwrite the local Kodi channel groups.

Exactly. It's not intuitive or convenient to create and manage the channel groups in the backend, but that is how it is implemented.
There are some bug fixes in how channel groups are managed, including channel groups created via the UI and should all be working now in 16.0.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pofiles and Channel Groups Problem0