'Switch to channel' digit input delay
Is there any way to increase the delay between acceptance of channel digits while watching TV?

eg I'm watching TV... I want to change to ch24, I press 2, but I am too slow/unco to press 4 before the digit input delay expires, so the channel changes to ch2.

By my estimate the delay is currently 1sec. I think I need 1.25 - 1.5secs.
Conversely, I find most TVs/STBs are too slow to complete their channel digit input, so I end up hitting Enter/OK to speed up channel selection.
Kodi is the only system I've come across that is too fast for me occasionally! Confused
I don't think there's any user-level setting for this. IMO this is a reasonable feature request considering how slow my parents enter numbers on their commercial DVR, which is way more than a few seconds ;)

I'll move this to feature requests. Either a variable or just as a slight increase. No promises, of course. A dev has to be convinced for any given solution, but I think it might have a shot.
No worries Ned, thx. I believe a user-level setting would be best, so people could fine tune it to their desired speed. Fingers crossed Smile
(2015-09-30, 07:04)freda Wrote: Is there any way to increase the delay between acceptance of channel digits while watching TV?

eg I'm watching TV... I want to change to ch24, I press 2, but I am too slow/unco to press 4 before the digit input delay expires, so the channel changes to ch2.

By my estimate the delay is currently 1sec. I think I need 1.25 - 1.5secs.

This can already be done. Add this to your advanced settings.

<advancedsettings>
<pvr>
<numericchannelswitchtimeout>1500</numericchannelswitchtimeout>
</pvr>
</advancedsettings>

The numeric value is in milliseconds, so the above is 1.5 seconds.
Ha, I can't believe I missed that. Thanks Big Aero!

EDIT: thread moved back to make it easier for other people to find.
That's perfect now, thanks Big Aero! I really need to learn to properly scour the wiki in future Blush

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
'Switch to channel' digit input delay0