v15 15.2 RC2 picture freezes on Fire TV once the screensaver kicks in
Hi,

I already searched the forum, but all I could find were reports about Kodi completely freezing.

My setup is as followed:
Fire TV (not Stick) with FireStarter as launcher and Kodi 15.2 RC2 sideloaded.
Once Kodi has started I control it with Yatse from my mobile phone.
I have setup the logout screensaver, so that Kodi will exit once he is really idling and to allow the Fire TV to go into low power mode.

Steps to reproduce:
- Start Kodi
- use Yatse (I believe any remote which will use http will do the trick) to navigate to your library and start playing a video (this even happened to me while playing a youtube video shared to Kodi).
- a few minutes into the playback the screen will freeze or stop, but you can still hear the video playing in the background.
- I then stop playback. use he FireTV remote to go back to the home screen, switch back to Kodi (which is where I just paused the video) and am able to continue playback
- now that I used the official remote the screen will not freeze again until the end of the video

I suspect that the screen freeze is because of the screensaver of the Fire TV kicking in (he will not respond to the arrow keys on the remote, since they would normally only switch pictures and not stop the screensaver).

Has anyone experienced the same and maybe even found a solution?

Regards Felix

PS: As far as I remember this also happened with 15.2 RC1, but not with the latest 14.x release (I have skipped versions in between because Openelec was not ready).
Small "update. this issue does not occur when disabling the screensaver so it must be related to it.

For now I have disabled the screensaver. Not optimal, but does not hurt either.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
15.2 RC2 picture freezes on Fire TV once the screensaver kicks in0