EPG Programme image
My XMLTV data has programme images, and (i think) the Mythweb utilises this and shows it in the EPG, but in Kodi it doesn’t show or at least it doesn’t for me!

I’ve found this: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=186486 which was in the Window's forum.

Which resulted in this, I guess: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/6192 which was closed. But I can’t work out if it was ever progressed with another PR?

Does anyone know whether including EPG programme images is possible in Kodi’s EPG (is my setup incorrect?) or is this not possible? is it dependent on the add-on or Kodi core? Is there any plans?
It depends of the addon and kodi skin.
Now kodi api allow to transfer an icon path for each epg tag. But technical it is more complex due a performance issue to retrieve thousand artworks from the backend. A solution could be to transfer to kodi core the backend url for each artwork. But it has to be tested and you will need a strong network ...
Finally you have to choose a skin supporting to show these artworks in epg guide.
Ok thanks Janbar, so to be clear, a solution isn't available for for the current myth.pvr/Kodi stable, in other words I'm not doing anything wrong.....

Although I think this will be a nice function to have, to "spices up" the EPG a bit, but appreciate the potential issues... I've got a couple of dev instances set up now, so always happy to test if any is required....

Thanks again...
I will out of home the next week, but after these days i will have a look on mythtv api to check if we can retrieve epg artwork.
Thanks janbar
@AshG, Hi i added the new branch "guide_artwork" based on latest addon for Kodi Jarvis and including code to fill icon path for EPG items. I let you try it and please let me your feedback.
thanks Janbar, I shall have a look over the next couple of days....
@janbar,

I'm having problems installing the new addon....

I followed your cmake instructions and everything appeared to go well. It produced a zip file called addon-pvr.mythtv-3.3.7.zip. i'm using an old laptop to test on, originally it had Kodi 15.1, So i did a remove & purge (to be safe) and removed the stable repository and added the nightly.

I now have Kodi 16.0 Apha4 (I wasn't sure whether to go with nightly's or the unstable PPA?) .... when i install the addon via zip I get a dependency not met message....

Code:
12:22:32 T:3033725376   DEBUG: CAddonInstaller: installing from zip '/home/media/addon-pvr.mythtv-3.3.7.zip'
12:22:32 T:2592934720   DEBUG: CAddonInstallJob[pvr.mythtv]: requires xbmc.gui version 5.8.0 which is not available
12:22:32 T:2592934720   ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[pvr.mythtv]: The dependency on pvr.mythtv version 5.8.0 could not be satisfied.

Here's my full log: http://pastebin.com/iLbMBYVZ

Let me know if you need anything else or i've done something wrong!

thanks

Ash
I am checking it with the nightly ...
@AshG, i fixed it and you can pull the lastest commit including the fix.
Hi Janbar,

The good news is that I successfully cmake'd and install'd the guide_artwork branch(!)... although i don’t see any artwork in Kodi yet, i haven’t spent a lot time on this yet to work out why.... my first initial thought was to look in the EPG11 database, the field strIconPath for all records are still null - I’m presuming the URL of the image in my xmltv data should be shown there?

Does Myth store that path in it database anywhere? what table should it be stored in i found a table called programs which looks like it stores EPG data but i could not se any field that resembles the program artwork... what should i be checking?
Typing the request using your browser:

http://mediacenter.local:6544/Guide/GetP...T00:00:00Z

Replacing mediacenter.local with your backend IP, 1001 with a valid channel Id ...

Backend response should be something like below:

Code:
<ProgramGuide version="1.0" serializerVersion="1.1">
<StartTime>2015-10-26T00:00:00Z</StartTime>
<EndTime>2015-11-01T00:00:00Z</EndTime>
<StartChanId>1001</StartChanId>
<EndChanId>1001</EndChanId>
<NumOfChannels>1</NumOfChannels>
<Details>false</Details>
<Channels>
  <ChannelInfo>
    <ChanId>1001</ChanId>
    <ChanNum>51</ChanNum>
    <Programs>
      <Program>
      </Recording>
      <Artwork>
        <ArtworkInfos/>
      </Artwork>
    </Program>

Artwork section should be filled with coverart or other. Currently the code check for "coverart", but maybe it could be other. Please if you see one section "Artwork" filled then post the section here. Thanks
Hi janbar - see below,

<Artwork>
<ArtworkInfos/>
</Artwork>

is empty, although my XMLTV provider [ http://atlas.metabroadcast.com/#!dtj6sw] provides the program images, i guess when i run my Mythfill it's not getting addedHuh

Code:
<ProgramGuide version="1.0" serializerVersion="1.1">
<StartTime>2015-10-26T00:00:00Z</StartTime>
<EndTime>2015-10-27T00:00:00Z</EndTime>
<StartChanId>1007</StartChanId>
<EndChanId>1012</EndChanId>
<NumOfChannels>2</NumOfChannels>
<Details>false</Details>
<Count>57</Count>
<AsOf>2015-10-27T23:06:48Z</AsOf>
<Version>0.27.20150622-1</Version>
<ProtoVer>77</ProtoVer>