v15 Audio settings OpenElec/Kodi
Hi,

Apologies for sounding like an enormous noob (although I am, but boy am I loving this new world of Kodi! How have I missed this for so long?!) but I'm a bit confused about how I should be setting up the audio settings and seem to be seeing conflicting advice. I've had a bit of a search, but not found anything definitive.

My setup:

RPi 2 <HDMI> Sony STR-DH810 AVR <HDMI> Sony LCD TV

The AVR is capable of all supported audio options and I currently have it set as:

Kodi Settings AVR HDMI

Audio Output Device HDMI
Number of channels 5.1
Output configuration Best Match
Stereo upmix Disabled
Normalize levels on downmix Disabled
Resample quality Medium
Keep audio device alive Always alive
Enabled passthrough Enabled
Passthrough output device HDMI
Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver Enabled
Enabled Dolby Digital transcoding Disabled
DTS capable receiver Enabled
TrueHD capable receiver Disabled
DTS-HD capable receiver Disabled

But I'm not sure if I should have it set as 2.0, 5.1 or 7.1 (I have a 5.1 speaker configuration)?

I'm also not convinced I've got the CEC settings right. I have the Sony TV and AVR with Bravia Sync and sometimes, when I turn the AVR to the Pi input, the amp will turn off as it changes the screen input (e.g. from HDMI 3 [Sky] to HDMI 1 [RPi]) and I have to turn the AVR back on again to get audio. It would be quite nice that the Pi turned off when I turned the TV/AVR off and likewise came on in sync, but I understand that OpenElec and Kodi are not overly happy with just being shutdown and the Pi doesn't really need shutting down - although this could be wrong? I'm not anywhere near my Pi at the moment, but happy to upload those settings if anyone wants to have a look?

Any and all help appreciated.
No-one got anything to say? Sad
The audio settings look fine. Leave the Pi on all the time. The electricity cost is a few dollars a year.
Not sure about the CEC issue. If you have any other CEC capable devices then try disconnecting them from hdmi - they sometimes don't play nicely together.
Also look in system/peripherals/input/cec and try adjusting the settings there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio settings OpenElec/Kodi0