Kodi on Windows 10 - Attempting to hide the OS
(2015-10-04, 05:13)stephendt Wrote: What the heck? Just get Kodi to auto start at boot, and use netplwiz to automatically log in. Works flawlessly for me. Windows 10 also has a dedicated app for Netflix so that's a big plus over a linux based distribution.

That's already done, he was asking if there is a way to minimize the crap being shown when the logon screen appears.
(2015-10-02, 21:10)ilovethakush Wrote:
(2015-10-02, 04:22)CharredChar Wrote:
(2015-10-01, 20:42)Dangelus Wrote: If you're just going to use this box for Kodi then do yourself a favour and ditch Windows altogether and install OpenELEC. Much better experience.

http://kodi.wiki/view/OpenELEC

I don't use it just for Kodi is the thing, its why I made it a point to say "pretty much dedicated to Kodi." What I mean by that is almost every time that machine is used it is for Kodi but that is not all it is for, I do also have Steam installed and a good collection of couch multiplayer games on there. That is pretty much the second half of the reasoning for going with Windows 10, the other half is that it is faster and uses less memory and hard drive space. (Nearly half the space for the Windows directory! And on a small SSD that is a lot.)

If you're saying that windows 10 is faster and uses less memory and hd space than openelec, that's just not true.

ilovethakush, you are stupid! This thread is not about performance of windows 10 vs openelec, it is about trying to hide the Windows 10 OS.

MODS PLEASE BAN ilovethakush. He adds no value to his posts. Thank you

CharredChar, to answer your question. Windows 10 is probably not going to do what you want it do to where OpenElec would probably work better for the users that you are trying to design this for (and I'm not talking about performance like that idiot ilovethakush).

Have you tried disabling the user login/password? Is it currently linked with your microsoft account?
When I Installed windows 10 I skipped the "add user account" option, so every time I boot up it takes me straight into Windows 10.

Try google searching "windows 10 bypass login screen"
(2015-10-02, 21:10)ilovethakush Wrote: If you're saying that windows 10 is faster and uses less memory and hd space than openelec, that's just not true.

No, I'm not an idiot, I was referring to Windows 7.
(2015-10-03, 15:10)MadScientist Wrote: I’ve been playing with the Custom User Interface and found something interesting.

If you visit the Explorer shell and configure the Custom User Interface, when you boot up again, it shows the log-in screen before the Kodi menu appears. But, if you boot again - no log-in screen and it’s the same on all subsequent boots. Visit the Explorer shell and the log-in screen appears but as before, only on the first boot-up. I’ve tested this 4 times with my set-up so it appears to be consistent behaviour. YMMD.

Thinking back at it now, I believe every time I tested it was from editing then rebooting and seeing it then going back to edit. I don't think I ever tried rebooting multiple times to see what it would do. I shall check this later, thank you.
I'm interested to see if others find the same. I've switched to Win 10 now and I never see the login screen on start up.

I'm using the Custom User Interface to launch a vbs script which in turn launches and hides the console of a bat file which starts Kodi and other stuff
(2015-10-06, 11:06)MadScientist Wrote: I'm interested to see if others find the same. I've switched to Win 10 now and I never see the login screen on start up.

I'm using the Custom User Interface to launch a vbs script which in turn launches and hides the console of a bat file which starts Kodi and other stuff

Odd, it seems I am still seeing the login screen even after setting the Custom User Interface and having it automatically log in. Maybe I am doing something wrong? Maybe it is because I have it set under "User Configuration"? Though I don't see it anywhere else. All you do is enable it and give the location, in my case, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Launcher4Kodi\Launcher4Kodi.exe", Right?

(2015-10-02, 21:38)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: Just found this for changing the logon background and making the boot animation for 10 just a black logo:
http://winaero.com/blog/the-list-of-wina...-features/

I am going to give this a try next and see how it works. It also seems to have quite a few other tweaks that I could use on other machines so this may end up being a tool I keep in my toolkit for other things anyway, thank you for the link.
It may be down the fact that I’m launching Kodi differently to you. Apologies for the time waste.

Just for info, I’m using the following command line from the Custom User Interface:

wscript C:\StartKodi\Kodi.vbs

which launches a Kodi.vbs file containing the following script:

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell" )
WshShell.Run chr(34) & "C:\StartKodi\Kodi.bat" & Chr(34), 0
Set WshShell = Nothing

This in turn launches and hides a simple batch file which starts Kodi and send a few RS232 commands to my amp
Don't worry about it being "a time waste", anything is worth a shot and thanks for trying to help. But I really don't see how running a script appose to launching an exe would cause any difference but I will give it a shot this weekend.
I agree, I'll also have a play with launching Kodi directly and see what happens. It could also be down to something Launcher4Kodi.exe is doing.

EDIT: I've tried booting straight from the BAT file and I see no difference. I don't see the Windows login screen at all.
Is there any solution to this issue now as I have the same problem on Winsows 10 and even though I have set auto login it still momentarily goes to the login screen. I have changed the login screen to a dark colour so it does not look quite as bad but it is still there.
Maybe this will help a bit for some:

http://mymediaexperience.com/windows-8-xbmc-appliance/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi on Windows 10 - Attempting to hide the OS0