Official repository add-on broken
Question 
Guys, what the heck is going on with version 2.1.31 of the official XBMC.org Add-ons repository?

I can see that the files are up on the repository server and that the server is beating and alive ( http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/ ), but for the love of Kodi, I don't get a single addon showing up in the listing on my Frodo installation, even after a "force refresh" on the repository. It's been like this for many days now.

The funny thing is, if I revert to an older version of the repository add-on, I can still access the repository no problem, but then of course it updates itself, and the same thing happens all over again.

So I guess the relevant question is: who screwed up the official repository add-on, and how on Earth was this so skillfully accomplished? Confused
Frodo's repo has been disabled. It's no longer supported, and most of the add-ons don't even work since they haven't been updated in a long time.
(2015-10-01, 12:06)kenoi Wrote: So I guess the relevant question is: who screwed up the official repository add-on, and how on Earth was this so skillfully accomplished? Confused

It was I Smile

As said above it was done on purpose. None if them have been updated in long time. Even the scraper is likely broken. So better show nothing than give something broken
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Guys, my Frodo setup is still working perfectly in every regard. Both the scraper and all its functions are fine. Why was addon repository support dropped so radically like this? We're an open souce community, not a corporation. We should be forcing everyone to stay on the cutting edge.

In all seriousness, I'm a little disappointed.
I'm disappointed that you still run Frodo.
It's opensource as such you can't demand from us we keep things running
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
To be clear, I'm not demanding anything. I just think it's not entirely fair to disable the repository and drop support for something people are still using and love.

Why is it so hard to maintain backwards support? We do it in the Linux world, why not here?

By disabling the repository with this latest update to the repository addon, we've practically cut off any chance for anyone with an older version to bring their Frodo setup to the latest updates and the still working scrapers.

P.S. What's wrong with still using Frodo, anyway?!
Look at the change logs for Gotham, helix, Isengard and soon to be Jarvis. The project is moving forward, you are not. You choose to stay with frodo you will be on your own. Less backlog for the team to worry about and maintain so they can continue to improve the software you love so much.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
You could just manually drop your addons in and forget about it. How often do you scour the repo for content? I add what I need and rarely go back.

Also, with new audio and video enhancements you'll be left without support because updates already fix the issues you'll encounter. Give it a try.

You can still get dialup Internet as well, but why?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Official repository add-on broken0