Streaming from El Capitan through Airplay not working
Hello,

I've just upgraded my Macbook with El Capitan. I usually stream through Airplay to a Ubuntu PC with Kodi 15.1 installed.

The Kodi device used to show up as a device output on the Mac. Now, it appears that El Capitan does not recognize the device.

I can still stream from iTunes, which I don't use.

Anybody else run into this situation ?
Same here, Airplay cannot detect Kodi 15.1 anymore
Same problem
Apple have change something with Airplay
Tongue 
I am having the same issue. I opened a ticket with Apple a bit ago. Perhaps we can all open tickets with the same problem to drive a fix.
It's probably the same thing that is happening with iOS 9. Apple has changed AirPlay, and thus AirPlaying form iOS 9 and OS X 10.11 to Kodi should be considered unsupported.
Hello, same issue. And it is more serious for me as I am totally blind and use Kodi screen reader add-on, to use the media center with text to speech.
For now, the only way to make Kodi work through airplay, is:
1. go to system preferences on the mac
2. go to sound settings -> audio output
3. select the desired airplay device from the list of available audio outputs. Now, airplay will, should, work as system sound card and it will affect all media players installed inside the machine.
Sighted people may not worry about that, nothing should change for them, unless a sighted person may use Kodi sounds; they will play from airplay device too; but, blind people be careful as this change causes Kodi screen reader to talk through airplay device, meaning an annoying latency while performing keyboard commands; blind people be also careful on setting airplay as default system device, before go to VoiceOver utility on OSX, audio category and select "built-in speakers" to be VoiceOver's default output system so you can use whatever sound card on the system and VoiceOver will talk from internal soundcard independently. ...but Kodi screen reader uses system speech, not voiceover, so it will talk from airplay anyway.
To say the truth, I feel quite upset about this new airplay behaviour, hoping it may get fixed soon, by kodi or by apple; to be precise, it's not just a kodi issue, it affects all third party apps right now so I would never feel like giving Kodi the fault, Kodi is working hard to support everything and everywhere and I trust you can fix everything - just matter of time.
twlksina: that's not the same issue being discussed here, which is about sending AirPlay to Kodi, rather than from. Nothing should have changed regarding Kodi using AirPlay as a specific audio output device, that I know of. I'll try testing with it on my computer to see if I get the same issue.
OK, try it and let me know.
I am really upset about this issue of audio output, but I haven't tried to use Kodi as an airplay server yet; maybe I will open another thread regarding airplay audio output not to confuse you. Sorry for misunderstandings.
Hi,

I've got same problem.
Airplay works well with IOS9 and iTunes on El Capitan.
But t's no more detected as device output in audio settings menu.

I've tested :
- on different MacBook
- with 10.11 & 10.11.1 beta 1 to 4
- with Kodi 15.1,15.2, 16.1 installed on Mac ou Debian.

Any chance to get it worked ?
its a known bug - i have seen this bug reported on the apple developer mailing list - it works as long as you have the audio settings in osx open while starting kodi
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
For information i've just tried OSX 11.11.1 final vresion.
The problem is still there.

Waiting fot the next update Smile
OSX 11.11.2 still have the probem.
Does someone has an update of the issue reported on apple developer ML?
Just replaced my Mac and now have El Capitan. Ran across the issues here. Nothing in the audio menu, but works from iTunes. Found something odd. If I go into Kodi services, turn Airplay on, then off, everything works again. It shows up in my audio settings and streams all audio. Also still works from iTunes. After reboot of the Pi running Kodi (OSMC) I have to repeat the sequence of turning Airplay on then off and we're working again.

Bill
So it works after you turned airplay off? Are you sure?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Having wasted many hours trying to get this to work, I finally coughed up USD 30 for Airfoil, and now I can cast system audio from El Capitan to Kodi running on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

I just tried turning Airplay off, and that actually did make Kodi show up in the output device menu (for the first time!) but I still wasn't able to send any audio (without using Airfoil).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streaming from El Capitan through Airplay not working0