v15 How to map keys XF86AudioRaiseVolume and XF86AudioLowerVolume
Hi to all,

I've a remote controller that have keys to raise and lower volume. Those keys works in the OS, but I'm unable to use them ni kodi Sad

I also have to say that I use Kodi using alsa instead of pulseaudio, so when I open Kodi I really run a script I created, this script closes pulseaudio, I created a script that closes pulseaudio, then open Kodi, and when kodi closes pulseaudio is opened again. Doing this I cant use those volume keys in kodi, and when I exit to operative system they don't work (need to restart computer)

I've to say that opening kodi normally (using pulseaudio) it neither works, so it's not a problem of using alsa instead of pulseaudio.

I've try to map the keys using addon Keymap Editor but the keys are not recognized whed pressed.

As I told in the title, the keys are reconized in the system as XF86AudioRaiseVolume and XF86AudioLowerVolume. I've think another solution could be make them act as F9 and F11 (the default keys to raise and lower volume in kodi), but don't know how to.

My question is obvious, how can I configure those keys to be used on Kodi?

I hope someone can help, I've look for info and find many completely different solutions but none of them has work to me.

Regards
Unmap them in ubuntu - the WM is blocking them.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-10-01, 20:53)fritsch Wrote: Unmap them in ubuntu - the WM is blocking them.

Many thanks for your help, fritsch ¿Can you explain a bit more the procedure for doing this?

I'm using exactly xubuntu, and I've look in Settings -> Window Manager -> Keyboard, but there is no reference to XF86AudioRaiseVolume or XF86AudioLowerVolume, so I can't remove this.

I've also look in Settings -> Keyboard -> Application shorcuts and just like in the other section, there is no reference to XF86AudioRaiseVolume or XF86AudioLowerVolume.

Thanks again
Something should be there - might be they renamed it, alternatively, you can also use xmodmap to give them another name F8 or F9 or something and then map them manually in kodi.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Many thanks fritsch, I finally used xmodmap and it did the job Smile

Regards

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to map keys XF86AudioRaiseVolume and XF86AudioLowerVolume0