Cant install on Win 10.
Im trying to install Kodi on Windows 10 but the installer is halting immediately with a message that I have XP and should upgrade.
I have tried running in compatibility mode to no avail.
As I cannot find any mention of this error amywhere else I'm wondering if a recent windows patch has caused this?
I have tried both the DX11 beta and the 15.1 installer.
I have the same problem and nothing works.
i also tried to run kodi 14.2 but didnt help.

anyone ?
No compatibility mode needed. If anything, it is compatibilty mode that would give you an XP error. The installer should "just work". I've been installing the 15.2 RC versions without troubles.

Is there anything "special" about your Win10 PC? Have you been following any of those stupidly paranoid "tweak guides" that pop-up all over the place?

I'll be installing 15.2 RC3 shortly and if I find anything odd I'll report back.
The 15.2 RC3 I downloaded at 16:30 on 04/10/2015 worked fine and installed.

Reading this thread ( http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=241057 ) it looks like other people had similar problems, but clearly it was not in the KODI installer from this site.

Nothing has changed with the installer. I've just sat and compare the 15.1 from August with the current (October) installed. Identical. So it is clearly not an installer issue.

As noted by aiscis in the post below this, if you download it and tick random boxes to run as XP then, not surprisingly, it runs as broken old decrepit XP. You should NEVER need compatibility mode. (Some of the online tweak guides out there are plain awful!)

Edited to correct my old comment.
open properties of instaler and uncheck compatibility mode then run again should help you guys.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cant install on Win 10.1