v15 Error when adding a recurring timer
Hi forum,

When trying to add a recurring/repeating timer I receive an error instructing me to view the log. I did so, but didn't find any help there.
Adding a single timer works just fine.
Adding a recurring timer within the backend (npvr) also works well.

It seems to me that there might be a bug in kodi regarding recurring timers? Is there a known workaround or fix?

Thank You.
BR Torben
What exactly does the error say?

Are you using the default Confluence skin, or something else? You need to be using the default skin with the NextPVR addon. (that changes in Kodi 16)
Thank You for replying...

Yes, I'm using the default confluence skin.
The error states "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later or check the log for more information".

I have tried several times, rebooting etc - still facing the same issue.
You'd probably need to try again, with debug logging enabled in kodi, then post your kodi.log.

It'd probably also help to get the matching web.log from NextPVR covering the same error.
Today when trying to produce log data for you in the log files I coudn't reproduce any longer - at least not in the beginning.
Examining this further I found that only some shows in the guide would cause the error to happen. It appeared to me that the EPG data looked a little stange, meaning that the show "cold case" (50 mins long) was preceeded with another "cold case" show lasting only for a few minutes. Trying to add a timer to the first show (just a few minutes long) caused the error whereas the "correct" show would allow me to add a recurring timer.

I checked the tv guide for today and saw that my EPG data didn't correspond to the actual guide = the EPG data was somehow faulty.
Until now I was using "over the air" EPG.
Shifting to XMLTV EPG seems to have given me more correct EPG data. And most importantly - I haven't been able to find shows that wouldn't allow me to add a recurring timer.

The problem seems to have been solved.

I am facing some minor curiosities - these are not meant as questions but merely are meant as statements:
- When adding a recurring timer - in kodi, in the guide, only the first show will be marked for recording. I will have to go to the backend (npvr) to check the pending recordings in order to check if everything is fine.
- When adding a recurring timer - in kodi, in the timers section, only the first show will be shown as pending. In the backend (npvr) everything is ok.

I have recently moved from win7/MCE to win10/kodi and I am pretty impressed. However it seems that the tv section, especially regarding recordings could use a little more attention in order to become a better replacement of WMCE.

Thank You very much Sub3 for spending the time helping me out. It is very much appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error when adding a recurring timer0