Delay starting audio with WASAPI
I recently got around to re-ripping all my music video DVDs to individual VOB files and I've been noticing a somewhat annoying problem. The video starts instantly, but the audio kicks in about 1/4 to 1/2 of a second later, effectively cutting off the opening notes of many videos. I decided to change some of the audio settings to try and find a cure and I noticed that the problem largely (but not completely) went away when I changed the audio output from WASAPI to DirectSound (both exporting to the receiver).

So far, everything seems fine, but I wanted to know if there was a technical reason for why this would occur, and if there's another - potentially less detrimental - workaround. I know that WASAPI doesn't alter the audio stream as much as DirectSound, but I don't know if this should be a real concern or not. Any input or advice is welcome.
I don't want to be the "bump" guy, but I figured I'd reply to my own thread in case a few new eyes might have some insight.
Hi, I've noticed this general audio lateness since a month or two, it is a bit annoying. However I just looked at the configuration and mine chose DirectSound.
I'm using Windows 10.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Delay starting audio with WASAPI0