v15 How to organize/group movie collections?
(2015-10-02, 16:13)skydivertricky
Please feel free to contact me about any more specifics about my setup.
[/quote' Wrote:
Thank You for sharing your setup and the great offer:-) I might just take you up on that:-)

[quote='skydivertricky' pid='2121495' dateline='1443796028']
Sorry I didnt see this line - I guess Amber not an option for you.
What I do like about amber is the ability to customise it all within Kodi. For confluence, I think you need to edit the xml files:
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Edit_the_ho...skin_files

Gave amber a short try. It looks great but the recording feature in the Tv section needs some serious work before it can be used. The recording feature is very important for my family since almost never get to see a show when it is originally aired.
Thanks for the link about editing the home screen. I will give it a try.
Mod = modified.

Confluence mod = modification of confluence skin.

Found here in skins support/confluence.

I doubt any confluence mod is missing features from confluence. I've used CCM (confluence customizable mod) for a few years. With a bit of tinkering you can make it look exactly like confluence (if that's what you want) but with custom menu items.

No modded skin is allowed in the official repo AFAIK. I've no idea of the reasoning behind that.
Thanks for all Your replies. You talked me into giving playlists another try. Profiles will be my second priority.
It has to be easy for the kids to navigate to the playlist. I would rather not do too many modfications in the default skin, so i'm hoping for some more info about the Confluence mods...
(2015-10-02, 23:05)trogggy Wrote: Mod = modified.

Confluence mod = modification of confluence skin.

Found here in skins support/confluence.

I doubt any confluence mod is missing features from confluence. I've used CCM (confluence customizable mod) for a few years. With a bit of tinkering you can make it look exactly like confluence (if that's what you want) but with custom menu items.

No modded skin is allowed in the official repo AFAIK. I've no idea of the reasoning behind that.

Thank for the clarification.
I found the mod sub forum group.

How do I get the skin inside Kodi? In the CCM group they talk about using a hybrid repo - what's that? Do I have to uninstall my current kodi installation and install the hybrid repo instead?
I am using kodi on TLBB and a Raspberry Pi unit. I would like the UI to be the same across devices. I am currently thinking that using the CCM skin/mod would be difficult on the TLBB device and maybe also on the RPi.
Quote:i'm hoping for some more info about the Confluence mods...
It's all here.
(2015-10-02, 23:20)tomph Wrote: How do I get the skin inside Kodi? In the CCM group they talk about using a hybrid repo - what's that? Do I have to uninstall my current kodi installation and install the hybrid repo instead?
I am using kodi on TLBB and a Raspberry Pi unit. I would like the UI to be the same across devices. I am currently thinking that using the CCM skin/mod would be difficult on the TLBB device and maybe also on the RPi.
CCM works pretty well on a pi, as long as you turn off anything you don't need. I've used it on a pi for a couple of years - I doubt TLBB would struggle.

Install 101...
Download the hybrid repo from the forum thread. It's a zip file - don't extract it, leave it as a zip. Stick it somewhere you can access from kodi.
In kodi go to system > addons > install from zip file.
Navigate to the hybrid repo zip file you downloaded, select it and click install.
Now you have a new (extra) repo (repository). You can install CCM from that repo, and CCM will update from it (if there are any updates, which is unlikely).
So...
In kodi - system > addons > get addons - select the hybrid repo, then 'skins' and you'll see CCM. Install it, you'll be given the option to switch. You can easily switch back to confluence in system > appearance.
Thanks for the info on how to handle the repo's. Looking forward to trying the CCM repo that You talk so nicely about. Will give it a shot tonight once the kids are at sleep:-)
Is the latest version 1.0.0 or am I looking for a newer version?
That's the latest.
Tried the CCM repo, but unfortunately I was right about the recording thing I mentioned earlier.
Going to the tv section and trying to add a recording the ui messes up. A lot of input boxes are available, but they are not working and text/labels are completely missing. Further more it is not possible to add a recurring timer:-(

Is That the same for You troggy or aren't You using the TV feature?
(2015-10-02, 22:47)tomph Wrote:
(2015-10-02, 14:36)trogggy Wrote: Edit: curious as to what features confluence supports that confluence mods don't. I can't think of any...

I read something about Confluence being the only skin so far that supports recurring timers in the TV section.

If you mean series timers, currently they are a function of the specific PVR client in use. Different skins have support for different clients. For Kodi Jarvis, support for series timers will be built in and PVR API 4.0 will allow all clients to provide this via the standard Kodi window.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
Thanks for the info scott967.
I am using NextPVR as the PVR backend and recurring timers (Series timers) works ok so far.

I finally managed to set things right in kodi for my needs.
I went along with the playlists approach as You guys suggested.
Using this article http://www.alk3my.com/how-to-customise-c...kodi-xbmc/ I managed to edit the "movies" submenu and add shortcuts for each of my playlists. Works flawlessly.
I also like the detail from the article describing how to copy the skin.confluence folder from the install folder into the user app data folder in order to being able to smoothly deploy the setup to other kodi clients along with other user data.

My next project will be how I should organize and name my TV shows in the most optimal way. That will have to be on another evening:-)

Thank You all for all Your contributions to this post. Your help and thoughts were most appreciated. Thank you.
Tomph,

I have been struggling with this as well and have managed to reach a similar solution to yourself - can I just ask a question please regarding your setup?

My post here explains the issue in more detail:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=240688

So - my question is - have you managed to get the sub menus working separately for the separate playlists- movies and kids movies? I would really like to keep the actor, year, genre filters but - just for my movies, not including all the kids ones as well. I can't work out how to do this at the moment...

Thanks for any help!
(2015-10-03, 23:24)Mickey2combs Wrote: So - my question is - have you managed to get the sub menus working separately for the separate playlists- movies and kids movies? I would really like to keep the actor, year, genre filters but - just for my movies, not including all the kids ones as well. I can't work out how to do this at the moment...

Regarding the playlist I created two playlists - one for the kids one for me.
In the C:\Users\tomph\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\playlists\video that will produced two files:
Kids.xsp:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name>Kids</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="path" operator="startswith">
<value>nfs://10.0.0.201/volume1/Movies/cartoons/DVD/</value>
</rule>
</smartplaylist>

tomph.xsp:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name>tomph</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="path" operator="startswith">
<value>nfs://10.0.0.201/volume1/Movies/tomph/</value>
</rule>
</smartplaylist>

Having those two playlist I followed the description from article I referenced earlier. In short that involved copying the skin.confluence folder from the install library into C:\Users\tomph\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons.
Then editing the C:\Users\tomph\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.confluence\720p\IncludesHomeMenuItems.xml

In that file in the section/context of the <include name="HomeSubMenuMovies"> tag I first removed the buttons that I didn't need and then added this:
<control type="button" id="99000">
<include>ButtonHomeSubCommonValues</include>
<label>Tobias & Lasse</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,special://userdata/playlists/video/Kids.xsp,return)</onclick>
</control>
<control type="button" id="99001">
<include>ButtonHomeSubCommonValues</include>
<label>NEW</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,special://userdata/playlists/video/tomph.xsp,return)</onclick>
</control>

That gave the working submenu pointing directly to my playlist - which was my main purpose:-)
I think it is a clean and nice solution easy to deploy as well. I only figured it out because of the input from this thread.

As for the genre, year associated to each playlist I dont know how to do that. Just for fun I tried to experiment with the ActivateWindow command, but I think this is impossible to achieve using that approach. I guess another workaround has to be found. I haven't tried it myself but I guess using the profiles would allow you to separate genre, year etc between You and your kids, but I don't think this is the solution You are looking (neither would I).

I stumpled upon this thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=150934. In the button of page 1, a guy is asking the same question as you and in the top of page 2 Samu-rai responds with a solution.

Don't know If I am allowed to quote from another thread but his solution (from the referenced thread) is:
(2013-02-24, 14:43)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2013-02-16, 20:00)cyphrmedic Wrote: Is it possible to get like Genre, Years, ect, in the sub menu for the smart playlist menu?

Thanks

I worked out how to do this for you. Go to the videos menu and select movies.

This will bring up a list of the categories that you want, genres, title etc.

Highlight each of these and press the c key. This will bring up the contextual menu where you can select 'add to favourites'. Do this with all of the categories you want.

Now go back to the customisation menu and choose to add each of these new favourites to the movie submenu.

You will now have a custome playlist button on your homescreen which still has all the submenu catagores of the original.

I have tried out his suggested solution but I can't figure out what he means and can't get it to work - but maybe You are smarter than me?
Please notice that they are using another skin with some other options than in confluence. So the submenus would have to be manually created. But I can't figure out the link between the favorites selections and the various playlists.
Thanks - that's what I thought. I think the solution that Samr-rai is talking about depends on another skin as I can'te get this workign either.

I think I'll just have to put up with not having these filters and just make do with buttons linking to the main directories.

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

Mike

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to organize/group movie collections?0