Moved files not being added to database
I moved 3 series folders out of my Kodi series directory. It was actually punishment for my kids, and stopped them from watching shows for a few days.

I did a Clean, and an update, and the series were no longer available. All good.

Now, I moved the folders back to the Series folder. File structure is as it was when it all worked.

Did an update, and Kodi picks up the folder (So adds the series) but there are no Seasons or file. I did a clean, then an update. But, no shows are available in the folders I restored.

My structure is
D:\Series\Dragons\Season 1\*.mkv
D:\Series\Dragons\Season 2\*.mkv

It seems there an issue where files are removed, a clean is done (So they're removed from the DB), but when you add the files back, it's not adding them to the database for some reason.

Kids freaking out!! Tongue

Is this a known issue, and is there a work around to get the shows back?

Windows 8
Kodi 15.1 and now 15.2 (Was hoping the RC2 would maybe fix it)
Have you configured the content correctly for Dragons, ie. ensured that "Selected folder contains a single TV show" is ticked?
I have (but will check again).
This all worked fine before. All I did was move the files away, do a clean and update... and then a few days later, moved the files back to their original place, and did a clean and update.
I'm thinking that because the file was marked as deleted in the database, there may be an issue in that when you re-add the same file name, because a clean happened, it's unable to add the same files again?
(Duplicate file name, although one was marked as deleted?).
That's definitely never been an issue for me. File records aren't kept stored as "deleted"... they're just cleared away.

Otherwise, experiment. What happens if you move an episode into the parent /Dragons/ folder and rescan? Are your "Seasons" folders perhaps misconfigured to be treated as separate TV shows?
Thanks, will check this.
How do I check to make sure " Are your "Seasons" folders perhaps misconfigured to be treated as separate TV shows?"?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moved files not being added to database0