ts.-Files not played since V14.0
btw - renaming to mp4 wasn't successful, too.

in general Kodi recognizes the file and extracts a still picture as a thumbnail; also it seems to play the film; after klicking it the film title is coloured yellow and it is possible klick buttons to pause, rewind etc. but all this without video picture or audio. :-(
Downloads link at the top of the page. Top left up there.

Now scroll right to the bottom and you'll find the link to the old versions

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/
(2015-10-18, 17:35)Chris_141 Wrote: btw - renaming to mp4 wasn't successful, too.

in general Kodi recognizes the file and extracts a still picture as a thumbnail; also it seems to play the film; after klicking it the film title is coloured yellow and it is possible klick buttons to pause, rewind etc. but all this without video picture or audio. :-(
Get a sample uploaded to somewhere and no doubt someone will find a way of kicking the support back to life.
Yes provide a sample as FernetMenta has requested, as the lead dev for the playback engine then he's in the best position to see if anything can be done in Kodi or if the file is simply broken, however he needs something to try on his systems to debug the issue.
Many thx for your help. I've just recorded a file of a few minutes, at least 85MB. It is recorderd with a "technisat digicorder hd s2 plus". To whom can I upload?
(2015-10-18, 18:21)Chris_141 Wrote: Many thx for your help. I've just recorded a file of a few minutes, at least 85MB. It is recorderd with a "technisat digicorder hd s2 plus". To whom can I upload?

Thanks. Don't you have something like dropbox? It's free and you can easily share files.
this way? :-)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2cuazn7cztg3bg...ge.TS?dl=0

Would you please inform me, when you got it?
Got the file, thanks.
This file does not comply to the standard because it lacks the PAT/PMT section. There may be a chance to implement some ugly work around that does not break existing behaviour but I am not sure if that's worth the effort. I suggest you poke technisat first that they create compliant files. I can imagine that they are not interested in doing so.
@Chris_144: Just for my own curiosity I loaded your clip up in VideoRedo. There is a "QuickFix" repair option which broken and non-compliant videos can get run through. It took two seconds to repair that video to a state that is playable. The program just basically copies the file frame by frame to a new file whilst correcting the headers.

If FernetMenta doesn't get a fix for you, then VideoRedo can give you a simple and fast way to be up and running without much effort. That QuickFix can even be turned into a command line driven automatic tool if needed.

I'm not trying to sell this to you and I guess Handbrake can do similar in instant repairs. When I used to do a lot of recording through a Digital TV PCI card I'd have to run many videos through QuickFix which were recorded on stormy days and full of broken frames.
@FernetMenta:
I also don't want to have some "ugly work around" but: any idea why this files are played by 13.2. but not in newer versions? you've already got it! but then lost it again :-(
and: you are right: technisat doesn't even think about real support. I contacted them earlier in a case of their (buggy) ps-software "mediaport", but they couldn't/wouldn't help and only wanted to sell newer products.

@BatterPudding:
Thanks for testing this option, I will make up my mind if I will do more effort to save and view my files - maybe its the easier way to buy a new VCR -not a technisat ;-) that produces compliant files by default.
I know exactly where you are coming from Chris_141. I've spent a decade supporting abandoned old British digital TV hardware, so have learnt the games to get around non-existent manufacturer support. In my case mainly due to the companies going bankrupt and running away with all the cash. It is why I like multiple solutions to an issue.

Even that program VideoRedo had to add "special" processing to handle the output of the PCI Digital TV card that we were using. (But then, rare in the world of paid software, they have developers who visit the forums and listen to their customers)

It is also what shows products like KODI to be so good as the developers can actually be talked to. Nice guys who solve problems and they do this all for nothing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ts.-Files not played since V14.01