Roomie Remote and Nvidia Shield console
Hi,

Is anyone using Roomie remote to control the nvidia shield? Roomie doesn't have official support for the shield, but they do have kodi support. Don't have my shield yet so can't do any testing, but imagine that the kodi control will work fine once kodi is launched? Just wondering if anyone has managed to use Roomie for general shield navigation?
I am using Roomie Remote, but I haven't tried it for Kodi. Since it cannot really control SATV, I see no point in using it for just Kodi. There are better remotes for Kodi.
I use roomie for kodi on my current htpc and I think it is great.

But, yes, if there is no way to control the shield with it, a lot of the value is lost. Though, you'd still be able to control the receiver volume during playback.
(2015-10-05, 01:09)foghat Wrote: I use roomie for kodi on my current htpc and I think it is great.

But, yes, if there is no way to control the shield with it, a lot of the value is lost. Though, you'd still be able to control the receiver volume during playback.

I haven't found a good remote solution for Nvidia Shield yet and I'm not paying $50 for the remote that should have been included in the first place. I don't know why they included that stupid controller.

Cheap Option: I've found the best lucking using my TV remote w/ HDMI-CEC enabled. I don't really get any bells/whistles, just basic navigation, generic back button, generic "action" button (play/pause...etc). But its free, AMIRITE?

Cheap=ish Option $14.99: Use the Fire TV Stick Remote (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LORG...13&sr=8-13). This actually pairs via bluetooth. Do not, however, use the FireTV "Voice" remote it just doesn't work.

Best Option: Logitech Harmony w/ IR Receiver
Just an fyi the shield has been added to the roomie / simple control IR database so if you are using a blaster you can control the shield.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Roomie Remote and Nvidia Shield console0