Debugging using Visual Studio 2015 doesn't stop at breakpoints
Hi Guys,

I am new to Kodi and I've just finished developing my first addon. It's a simple thing but I feel encouraged to go on with something bigger.
I've been trying to setup a development environment with VIsual Studio 2015 (as VS is my favorite IDE) following the guide http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:DebugAndDev...sualStudio but as it looks like the breakpoints are ignored during debug.

It is already stated in the wiki: "Work in Progress: Currently the attach process does not seem to be picking correctly for the breakpoints."

Question is, has anyone been able to setup a working Visual Studio dev environment ? I know most of you guys use Eclipse or pyCharm but I'd really like to use VS.

Regards,
Harry
VS is great for .NET or C++, but it is not a Python IDE. Yes, I know about PTVS, but they are way behind proper Python IDEs.
I think it's great for python as well, if you are debugging a pure python applicaiton.
However, when the debugger is attached to the kodi.exe process somehow it doesn't recognize the breakpoints.
I will spend some more time troubleshooting and if I can't get it working I will switch to Eclipse...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Debugging using Visual Studio 2015 doesn't stop at breakpoints0