Noob Here
I just installed OSMC on my raspberry pi 2 on a 64G SD Card, my question is I have a good video library on my laptop, is there any way I can transfer my videos to the device?
You can use file sharing (wiki) from the laptop, make an inexpensive NAS on your network with another Pi or similar device, copy the files from over the network using the file manager (wiki), or even use a USB drive.
(2015-10-06, 03:39)AztekGod Wrote: I just installed OSMC on my raspberry pi 2 on a 64G SD Card, my question is I have a good video library on my laptop, is there any way I can transfer my videos to the device?

Assuming that your laptop and pi are on the same network and your laptop is running windows, you can use WinSCP to copy files from your laptop to the pi. You could also set a share on your laptop, create a new location on your pi to point to that share, and play your files directly from your laptop. If you don't have a network, you could possibly use a crossover cable to connect them directly (not sure). And like Ned said, there's always a usb drive.
Be sure to install FTP server via My OSMC -> App Store for better transfer speeds. Username and password are both osmc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Noob Here0