DTS-MA / Dolby TrueHD Issues
So here's another thread about some audio issues. In short, I can't get DTS-HD/DolbyTHD to bitstream to my AVR.

Here's my current setup:

Windows 10
Kodi 15.1
HTPC w/ Intel Graphics 4000 (updated drivers)
HDMI out to a Classe Sigma SSP AVR

In the Windows sound settings, I do indeed see Dolby TrueHD & DTS-HD both supported by the AVR.

Kodi is set to passthru via WASAPI and all formats enabled. Speaker config is set to 7.1 with WASAPI being the primary sound output interface as well.

When I go to play an mkv with one of the associated formats, a few things happen:

Dolby TrueHD: Dolby TrueHD appears on my AVR, but with no bitrate associated and no audio.

DTS-MA: DTS-MA appears on the AVR, but with '2.0' and no associated bitrate and again no audio.

In both situations, if I 'fast-forward' the video I get a horrid static output until I stop the video. All other formats- Dolby, DTS, etc passthru just fine.

The only way I can get it to 'work' is if I disable passthru and then outputs PCM 7.1 @ 48khz to the AVR.

I've downloaded MonInfo and confirmed that the AVR is indeed reporting both formats

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Didn't you have the very same issue on Linux and crossposted in the Linux Forum?

Now seeing this post - it's quite clear -> your AVR is the problem. Try some official PowerDVD to play DTS-HD and see what happens.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS-MA / Dolby TrueHD Issues0