• 7(current)
Kaleidescape Skin Replica in progress - Skinning help is wanted!
Ok i made a Svn on https://opensvn.csie.org/ and i'll give more info tonight to MacGyver and here Wink
Sorry for my...english :blush:
Chandler Wrote:Ok i made a Svn on https://opensvn.csie.org/ and i'll give more info tonight to MacGyver and here Wink

Cool, I would like to contribute to this skin.
TV Mosaic on Windows 10 as PVR Backend |  1 RaspberryPI 3 Client (LibreElec) | Amazon FireTV box | 5 Amazon FireTV sticks | FireTV Cube | 2 Nvidia Shield TV
Tuners: HD HomeRun 4 ATSC (OTA) | IPTV
I don't know if there's anything I can help with, but I'd be willing to help too if there's anything that I can do, although I kind of doubt it since my python knowledge is VERY little, I've done heaps of skin mods and stuff, but never made an entire skin or created entirely knew .xml files or anything from scratch...My photoshop skills....well, I know how to fix and doctor a photo pretty well and I can make good quality icons, but again I'm far from a pro, cause at this point, that's more or less where my knowledge ends. But if you think of anything, let me know....If you guys needed any pictures of anything I have a professional grade digital SLR camera which takes amazing pictures
I'd love to help out where I can. I am quite proficient at Photoshop and would love to see this skin working for video as well as CDs. I'd like to see a web interface skin for this too! Let me know what I can do.
I'll try to code CD menus for KS, and home.xml for BS tonight.
Talk to Chandler about access to the SVN.
If your good at photoshop that's great, the skins will need icons, gradients, buttons.
Thumbs Up 
thericky Wrote:I'd love to help out where I can. I am quite proficient at Photoshop and would love to see this skin working for video as well as CDs. I'd like to see a web interface skin for this too! Let me know what I can do.

Everyone with good skills who want to have access to the Svn is welcome, post here an example of what you can do, and if the result is MacGyver/Kaleidescape/w84no1 compliant i'll give you access. Nod

For now the Svn is open with authentification to read/write, it's to early to be publically readable/retriveable, but you'll know what's going on with theses future hot skins. Big Grin
Ok here's an update:

I'll upload it to the SVN soon.

Almost all of the .xmls will need to be replaced, so it may take a bit.
Chandler Wrote:Everyone with good skills who want to have access to the Svn is welcome, post here an example of what you can do

I'm not sure what kind of examples you want, but you can poke around my podcast web site here:
http://www.distantcreations.com/insidethemagic/

It's 100% my design and my graphics.

Just task me and I'll work on elements of the skin.
thericky Wrote:I'm not sure what kind of examples you want, but you can poke around my podcast web site here:
http://www.distantcreations.com/insidethemagic/

It's 100% my design and my graphics.

Just task me and I'll work on elements of the skin.

Ok, your photoshop skills could be usefull, i send you a PM Wink
Any updates? I'm anxiously awaiting this skin...
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
I second the update request.. pics look pretty good.. got an ETA for a betaHuh
k for hours... i stare at the picture of the different background colors with the movie posters... That is soo gorgous, what a view! just wanted to comment on that single part, great job
Some people have wanted to know the status of this skin, so here it goes:

I am currenly working on an XMB (PS3) skin, and it is moving along fast, if I get the time, it should be done in a month or less, I have someone (blaize) working on it with me, so it is moving along fast.

As soon as it is done, I have been planning to finish the Kaleidescape clone, I started it on a whim and XBMC's skinning engine wasn't really diverse enough to cover all the elements of Kaleidescape (and neither were my coding skills), but now that's changed, I believe most of it can be ported over to XBMC now, and fully intend to finish it.

I will try to enlist the help of people like blaize and mikeb, since I have no talent when it comes to graphics, if they help out with the simple graphics this system uses, it should be easy to finish.

Basically when XMBox is done, you'll know I've started Kaleidescrape again.
i'd be happy to help you with whatever you need for this Kaleidescape skin, so count me in.
The private Svn where is hosted Kaleidescape is still private until MacGyver judge the skin is mostly stable/advanced.

If you want to help/work on the project (and maybe 3 other WiP), don't hesitate to ask to MacGyver, or post here a quick exemple of your graphics skills in the style of Kaleidescape, and suggest ideas.

All credits goes to MacGyver since he is alone to work on Kaleidescape (for the moment..).

Maybe we'll open the Svn publically, where are hosted "Work in Progress" skins, when the different authors want to release/ their work in progress skins, the Open Platform will be fully open, for now it's only private.

Ps : Skinners are invited to join our open Svn project, where the idea is to make available to the public a large panel of "Work In Progress" skin, where everyone will know that the skins are not fully working, but the project is open to everyone, and skinners are very welcome.

The skins will be on the official Svn when XBMC Team gives permission (only mostly finished skins are hosted, and that's normal Smile.)
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kaleidescape Skin Replica in progress - Skinning help is wanted!0