• 5(current)
Kaleidescape Skin Replica in progress - Skinning help is wanted!
if you're using the one with the trivia, it uses two playlists... not exactly sure why. try changing mlist to use playlist 0.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
guys lets stick to the topic shall we... i'm always looking forward to see update from MacGyver but then i see you guys talk about the python script..

hint: this is the skin forum ;-)
Star 
I just switched jobs and don't have a lot of time to code stuff.
I did find time to get the 1/16/07 T3CH build and recode the "Big Screen" gui I through together the other day.
I am a member of the SVN but am too new at it to throw the code up for it.
If anybody smarter then me wants to upload it there, give me your email (or sock-puppet) and I'll send it to you to upload. That way people with better PhotoShop skills can take over the graphics. I can shoot over the Kallidascape stuff too if you want to put that stuff there too, I have yet to recode it for Jmarshals updates though.

Here's the new recode of "Big Screen" (someone might want to make-up a better name for it, if someone wants to upload it to the SVN, you can name it what you like.

Big Grin 
And here's the original Microsoft screen shot I worked off of.
That looks sweet!
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
I took a little creative license with the focused icon size and the shadow behind it.
I'm still trying to get the database info into the title bar, from the changelog it looks like it might be supported now, but I have yet to see an example of how to use it, the old ways from library and music still don't work. Any ideas?
Also, which one should I devote time to, the "Big Screen" one, or the Kalidescape" one?
My vote is for the Kalidescape one.... ;-p j/k

I do hope that you still plan to include the Kalidescape display view..
what database info in the title bar? it looks like you already have some of it in there, namely the title and year. for video, all you have access to is the title, year, director, genre, rating, and maybe duration (i need to double check if the runtime learned from imdb is translated into the duration field or not.)

** edit **
i just checked and duration isnt available..
my vote is big screen first and then the other. if you can get the movie info on that screen I will be in heaven. also, maybe make the background up to the user. looks great, looking forward to anything you code...
Sorry, the year, is part of the name, I have all my files named with IMDB title filenames. ie. "Spider-Man III (2007).avi", I also have a .tbn for every file I have. And all the files in my screen shots are .txt renamed to .avi and a proper .tbn, it saves space on my memory stick.

The background choice sounds great, I'll see what I can do. It will be a little hard because some elements of the screen sit behind others, there is something like 5 layers going on, I built it just like I though it could be done, when someone first posted the microsoft screenshot. It should be simple enough to give color selections by using different .xpr files.
I think I'll go try to make blue right now.

and no I don't really have SM3
gotcha... that's files view... its very unlikely that database info will be pushed into files view.... here's why...

the library is organized around movies, not files, in order to accomodate multipart videos. today, when you have a large database you may notice some stuttering when a video starts. this is due to the database lookup which is trying to link that file back to a movie. if this was pushed into files view, files view would run at a crawl.
Oh I see, so there's no way to poll the database if say... it's been in focus for 1.5 sec, and only pull the info for the focused icon? I'd even settle for a .tbn style .db file, ie. Spider-Man III.avi, Spider-Man III.tbn, Spider-Man III.db at the source. Would that make it easier, let the host keep the .db? It would be nice too because you wouldn't need to loose the whole thing on a reload, plus you could manually edit them.

Anyway, the color thing was as easy as I thought. Here's some screen shots I made, it now has 6 different color selections.

Any other ideas, let me know. I'll see what I can do.
BTW, thanks for making the skinning engine so easy to use Jmarshal.
And I know the tags are wrong, I used a <label> instead of a <info> on purpose to hold the place. Wishful thinkingSmile
[quote=MacGyver]I'd even settle for a .tbn style .db file, ie. Spider-Man III.avi, Spider-Man III.tbn, Spider-Man III.db at the source. Would that make it easier, let the host keep the .db? It would be nice too because you wouldn't need to loose the whole thing on a reload, plus you could manually edit them.
QUOTE]

i second that... that would be a great feature...
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kaleidescape Skin Replica in progress - Skinning help is wanted!0