Video Library issues
(2015-10-18, 11:13)speedwell68 Wrote: I accept that in reality there are probably a lot of people that do use illegal addons that use these forums. But these people are sensible enough to keep their criminal activities private. If you truly wanted support for your Kodi install you would remove the addons in question and take the advise given. But instead you'd rather bleat and stamp your feet like an impetuous child.

I see you are also incapable of basic comprehension. As I stated repeatedly, the problem existed prior to any other add ons being installed.

If you consider reporting an issue and then highlighting the weak and poor evasive responses as bleating and stamping of feet, then I'm afraid the only children around here are you and your kind. Children are also prone to take criticism badly, not listen and repeat the same phrase over and over to get their way.

I am reliably informed that this sort of attitude did not use to pervade this forum but is now common place. The more you lot throw your rattles out, the more people will leave and seek a more helpful community elsewhere. And when that happens, consider how much knowledge and support you will lose.

It would be a very quiet job on the Microsoft service desk if they refused to help anyone with "unsupported" software installed and their stock response was to tell users to uninstall all non-MS software before they would give any help.

So, you're worse than Microsoft. Good job.
(2015-10-18, 12:32)toweliechaos Wrote:
(2015-10-18, 11:13)speedwell68 Wrote: I accept that in reality there are probably a lot of people that do use illegal addons that use these forums. But these people are sensible enough to keep their criminal activities private. If you truly wanted support for your Kodi install you would remove the addons in question and take the advise given. But instead you'd rather bleat and stamp your feet like an impetuous child.

I see you are also incapable of basic comprehension. As I stated repeatedly, the problem existed prior to any other add ons being installed.

If you consider reporting an issue and then highlighting the weak and poor evasive responses as bleating and stamping of feet, then I'm afraid the only children around here are you and your kind. Children are also prone to take criticism badly, not listen and repeat the same phrase over and over to get their way.

I am reliably informed that this sort of attitude did not use to pervade this forum but is now common place. The more you lot throw your rattles out, the more people will leave and seek a more helpful community elsewhere. And when that happens, consider how much knowledge and support you will lose.

It would be a very quiet job on the Microsoft service desk if they refused to help anyone with "unsupported" software installed and their stock response was to tell users to uninstall all non-MS software before they would give any help.

So, you're worse than Microsoft. Good job.

I am well aware that the problems existed prior to you installing the moody addons. But do you not understand that the fact you have them installed on your system means you are using that system for criminal activity? So anyone that aids you whilst you have those addons installed is in fact aiding your criminal activity. Do you honestly not understand that? Do you also not understand that Kodi is a reputable organisation that has a public image to maintain and they cannot under any circumstances aid anyone that is publicly admitting they use the Kodi platform for illegal activity. Do you really not get that?

I love your Microsoft Service desk analogy. Microsoft would not deny support for anyone that has software not produced by them, i.e unsupported by them. They would however deny support to anyone using their software for illegal activity. They would also deny support to anyone that is breaking their T&Cs of use, any reputable organisation would. Do you really not get that?
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
Regardless, it is common troubleshooting technique to work with the simplest setup, and some add-ons have been known to cause various problems. People don't come here volunteering their assistance just to 'cop out', and its not that hard to back up the existing install and run a clean one for troubleshooting. Doing so would have resulted in more help and less of what we see here.
(2015-10-18, 15:00)whitebelly Wrote: Regardless, it is common troubleshooting technique to work with the simplest setup, and some add-ons have been known to cause various problems. People don't come here volunteering their assistance just to 'cop out', and its not that hard to back up the existing install and run a clean one for troubleshooting. Doing so would have resulted in more help and less of what we see here.

Spot on.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Library issues0