• 6(current)
Should I configure Kodi with 2160p (4K) or 1080p resolution (upscaling)?
You exactly do what I suggested above - but in a different way. But as you said above: "I don't want my desktop in 1080p but in 4k" - I did not suggest the .xprofile / xorg / xrandr way - as this was exactly what you said to not want above.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Well, yeah you're right about the 4k desktop, but that was actually just out of noobism (shame on me). I didn't actually really care about the desktop resolution per se, I was thinking if the desktop was restricted to only 1080 then Kodi would be too. Obviously I was wrong. However the problem seems to be somewhat solved for me and I want to thank you very much for being patient with me.

Now on to the stuttering 4k playback. No idea what is causing this. BBB_4k_30fps_h264 plays with only 10% CPU utilization and drops frames like crazy. But that is probably a topic for a new thread!?
Yeah - and for such issues: never forget the Debug Log - cause without no one can help you.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Sorry, but for me the issue is not solved yet.

How do I stop Kodi from upscaling? I just want Kodi always, no matter what tv, avr, whatsoever, to output the exact resolution and refresh rate as per the original movie file. It seems that there is a workaround mentioned earlier, but isn't there another solution than reprogramming and compiling?

I could live with an entry in advancedsettings.xml. Any suggestions?
I purchased a 4k TV and I am unable to get Kodi to change resolution from 1080 up to 2160 for 4k videos. The system is set to change refresh rate and the start/end of videos.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Code:
19:11:18 T:139665457788672   DEBUG: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg - Updated codec: ff-h264-vdpau
19:11:18 T:139665457788672   DEBUG: CVDPAU::SetWidthHeight Setting OutWidth: 1920 OutHeight: 1080
19:11:18 T:139665457788672  NOTICE:  (VDPAU) screenWidth:1920 vidWidth:3840 surfaceWidth:3840
19:11:18 T:139665457788672  NOTICE:  (VDPAU) screenHeight:1080 vidHeight:2160 surfaceHeight:2160

It detects the correct resolution of the video, but doesn't change to 4k.

xrandr output: http://pastebin.com/raw/XjgH6pgn

Log: http://pastebin.com/raw/VhsQsXgu
Does your PC / Mediabox Support HDMI2.0?
If no, do you try to play a 60 fps file?
(2016-11-21, 21:10)dhjgv Wrote: Does your PC / Mediabox Support HDMI2.0?
If no, do you try to play a 60 fps file?

Well that was simple. You were correct. The video I was trying was 25fps, and my TV only support 30fps or 60fps. Tried a 60fps movie and it switched correctly.

Thanks
Hi Guys.

I have a samsung 4K tv and using the Kodi on the amazon fire 4k tv. i am using the silent hunter addon for 4k movies but the screen resolution on the tv remains for full hd only, where as the kodi player shows 4k as the resolution.

how to fix it ? i have viewed other series from with amazon prime on 4k, works fine, when a 4k movie starts the fire tv switches the resultion from full hd to 4k and then returns to full hd when i stop the movie. i guess it should be the same while viewing 4k on kodi.

how do i fix this so i can view 4k movies through kodi.

thanks
Mansoor
Hi Mjacaid.
Exact same problem for me as well. Silent hunter 4k film is showing 4k resolution in Kodi but Samsung 4k tv screen resolution is saying 1920 x 1080. Amazon 4k content says 4k resolution on screen so I know my hdmi is transferring full 4k. Can't work out why my kodi is not showing 4k res on my tv.

Sent from my SM-G920F
Thanks. hopefully some one has a solution. if you find something, pls do share
(2017-01-12, 01:20)clogclip1 Wrote: Hi Mjacaid.
Exact same problem for me as well. Silent hunter 4k film is showing 4k resolution in Kodi but Samsung 4k tv screen resolution is saying 1920 x 1080. Amazon 4k content says 4k resolution on screen so I know my hdmi is transferring full 4k. Can't work out why my kodi is not showing 4k res on my tv.

Sent from my SM-G920F (typie typie)

I have a samsung UHD TV as well, how do you see the screen resolution that says 1080 or 4k in the tv, there is no signal info option in the tv remote, please help
Hello all, nice to be here,
I have QII QUICK PLAY (s912 CPU and t820 GPU) android box 6.01all updated
and patched to latests Android and kodi 17, Android resolution is 4k 60hz but kodi
gui runs at full HD res and is grayed possibility of change, running videos on 4k
resolution I don't understand if
It switches automatically or it makes a downsample to HD res?If no auto switch
how can I change res of kodi GUI ?
I read lot of topics around here about which best solution to adopt, try
run kodi GUI at 4k (not possible for me now) or make it switch at video
Resolution and how?any suggestions?
I have Samsung UHD tv with hdmi 2 cable, until last week was using kodi on a qnap nas
setting resolution on 4k but codec h265 in that res to hard, so bought box above for viewing
4k res data with h265 and use nas as storage and server.

Thanks in advance for your help and fantastic work

Bye
You can't sadly. We don't support it on your hardware / software combination.
(2017-03-18, 17:08)fritsch Wrote: You can't sadly. We don't support it on your hardware / software combination.

Sorry but all android boxes run almost that hardware how's possible that it's not supported?
and pls what exactly you don't support? my CPU , GPU , software, pls
Explain better.
And all my other questions? if I run 4k video kodi does a downscale?
I tried spmc and it runs at 4k and videos too, but I would like to remain with kodi.

Thanks
Open your own thread in android forum.

There is a complete pinned post about your S912.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Should I configure Kodi with 2160p (4K) or 1080p resolution (upscaling)?0