Android Advanced launcher Error: Cannot create launchers.xml
Hi Guys,

I have been unsuccessfully trying to setup Advanced launcher on my Amazon fire tv running isengard non rooted and need a bit of help as I couldn't find any lead through different forums.

As soon as I create a launcher I get the error: "Cannot create launchers.xml file"

However I have been able to locate my launchers.xml file and here is what it contain:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<advanced_launcher version="1.0">
    <categories>
        <category>
            <id>default</id>
            <name>Default</name>
            <thumb></thumb>
            <fanart></fanart>
            <genre></genre>
            <description></description>
            <finished>false</finished>
        </category>
    </categories>
    <launchers>
        <launcher>
            <id>d7ca314f87186bcabb37a3aa7b649d28</id>
            <name>N64</name>
            <category>default</category>
            <application>/sdcard/Android/data/com.retroarch/files/retroarch.cfg</application>
            <args>"%rom%"</args>
            <rompath>/storage/extUsb/Retro Gaming/Roms/N64/</rompath>
            <thumbpath>/storage/extUsb/Retro Gaming/Roms/N64/</thumbpath>
            <fanartpath>/storage/extUsb/Retro Gaming/Roms/N64/</fanartpath>
            <trailerpath></trailerpath>
            <custompath></custompath>
            <romext>N64</romext>
            <platform>Nintendo 64</platform>
            <thumb></thumb>
            <fanart></fanart>
            <genre></genre>
            <release></release>
            <publisher></publisher>
            <launcherplot></launcherplot>
            <finished>false</finished>
            <minimize>false</minimize>
            <lnk></lnk>
            <roms>
            </roms>
        </launcher>
    </launchers>
</advanced_launcher>

Thanks in advance for your help
[/quote][/php]
Not familiar with Fire TV but the first thing I would check is can you browse to those paths? AL seems to update launchers.xml pretty much after every change including just opening the launcher and it might be having issues with your paths.
I am able to browse to my emulator and roms in AL if it's what you meant. I can also access through file manager to the add-ons files : Backups, fanarts, nfos, thubs etc
Yup, that's what I meant. Always worth checking the basics first especially with external usb drives. Could it be write permissions on the file? Also the launchers.xml seems to get corrupted on occasion by something in either AL or Kodi, can you delete and recreate the file?
It also say the error :"Cannot create backup"
Could it be a versioning issue with AL? The latest version is here https://github.com/Angelscry/plugin.prog...d.launcher
Where should I check permissions on the file, by pulling it and access it on my computer or straight in kodi ? I am having a try to delete it and recreate it !
Just deleted it and recreated it but didn't change anything.

I have downloaded and installed the zip file from the link you just linked it is the one I have been using the past few days.
Sorry @Frenchtoast, not sure how to check permissions on Android but I would think that copying or moving it to your computer would inherit the permissions on the computer not give you the permission information on the Fire TV. I could be wrong it's not my area of expertise.

This might help with checking permissions http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13451...indle-fire
No worries @UsefulG, that nice you are trying.

I have tried to change permission through adbfire : adb shell but can't have the permission to do that and sudo doesn't seems to work :

Code:
Unable to chmod /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.advanced.launcher/launchers.xml: Operation not permitted

Code:
/system/bin/sh: su: not found
I am not sure that I can modify those permission as my fire tv is not rooted

I tried to open adb shell in root mod but this happen:

Code:
shell@android:/ $ adb root
error: more than one device and emulator

I then tried to see what are the devices:

Code:
shell@android:/ $ adb devices
List of devices attached
emulator-5554    device
localhost:5555    device
127.0.0.1:5555    device

I don't really understand to what this is corresponding and also which one correspond to my fire tv, any ideas guys ?
Is it worth asking in the Android forums? It sounds like something they could help with.
Thanks @UsefulG I am going to do so as my research over last few days didn't bring more light

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced launcher Error: Cannot create launchers.xml0