KDLinks A300, search = no results?
Hello,

New here and first post so please forgive me if I'm a bit confused. Recently I've started interest in Kodi/XBMC and was looking for a device that recognized ISO image files (I've ripped my entire DVD/Blu-Ray collection with Slysoft AnyDVD HD and have it on a NAS). I found the KDLinks A300 and ordered it. It works fine so far. Saw last week that the new Amazon Fire TV 2 4K (why go with only mirco SD slot, when the full size SD slot would allow larger capacity SD cards and cheaper per GB, a free adapter would allow micro SD seem confusing to me. Also has anyone tried to plug in a larger than 4GB USB hard drive in the USB port yet to see if it recognized NTFS?) was being released and ordered it to put Kodi on it for the home office TV. With that I found this forum and have read through a couple threads. Here's my question. Doing a search for KDLinks or A300, the search tool comes up nothing. Why isn't this device discussed in this forum? There seems to be a lot of recommendations for the NVidia Shield, how does is compare to the KDLinks A300 which is only $20 more and seems to have more features (full size SD card slot, hard drive install option and ISO recognition pre-installed, USB 3.0 and optical and coaxial digital audio out and 3D)?

http://www.kdlinks.com/index.php/home-pr...oding.html
It's a pricier HiMedia Q10 clone... buy Q10 (or Q5) for less and get better support (via here and Futeko forum).
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
OK, so I see the HiMedia Q10 is about $50-60 cheaper on eBay without shipping, but you can get the A300 with Amazon return guarantee and free shipping (with Prime) so it isn't that big of a difference in price, now why is there so much interest in the NVidia Shield over the HiMedia Q10/KDLink A300 which are about the same (the Q10 less and the A300 more) price but with more features?
Not sure if you can install HiMedia firmware on KDLinks as former are quicker to release firmware updates.

Re: Shield TV, it's powerful and fast, and now with HD audio, full codec support and 23.976, it's a great all-in-one (minus 3D) box for those who want Kodi + dedicated home theater box + apps & games.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KDLinks A300, search = no results?0