Can Kodi install be installed on .....
Android Jelly bean 4.1.1 somehow? I have already read that it's not possible but I thought I'd ask just in case.

What it is, I have an Android car system and I've been playing around with Kodi on my Amazon fire stick so I thought if I could install Kodi on my car system that would be decent but every APK file I tried to install came back with the error ' There was a problem while parsing the package', and from what I read this is because I need a more recent version of Android 4,2 and above but unfortunately I can't upgrade the software or i'll lose all the data on the stereo which would render it unusable.

I manage to install an older version of XBMC but once I get past the splash screen I'm greeted with just a black screen and nothing happens.
You should be able to run 14.2 Helix.
The .apk is here (assuming it's the arm version).
v14.2 can. What model is your unit? It should be updatable to at least Android 4.2, since Google didn't change any hardware requirements.
(2015-10-07, 22:19)Ned Scott Wrote: v14.2 can. What model is your unit? It should be updatable to at least Android 4.2, since Google didn't change any hardware requirements.

It is a Avin Avant 2. I was going to update the software but where I saw that it said all date and settings will be deleted bearing in mind that I purchased the unit with pre installed software I didn't feel confident that all would go well after the update.
(2015-10-07, 22:18)trogggy Wrote: You should be able to run 14.2 Helix.
The .apk is here (assuming it's the arm version).

Oh okay I'll see if that will work, thanks for that link by the way also trogggy.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can Kodi install be installed on .....0