The Office season 4 display issue
Hey guys,
I've been trying to get my Office Season 4 episodes to show up correctly in XBMC, I've tried renaming them several different ways and adding an .NFO file but can't seem to figure it out.
The first 5 episodes of season 4 are double episodes and the copies I have are like this

S04e01_2 (double episode)

in XBMC is shows up as

S04e01 Fun Run (1)
S04e01 Fun Run (1)

and it will play the first file which is really both episodes in one (41 minutes) and then play the second episode which is the same as the frist.

I can't seem to get it to not show these as split episodes.

anyway around this?
Yes. Simple answer:

Your s04e01e02 file can be split by third party video software.

Or you can rename the file to s04e01. This will skip s04e02 in your library and your S04e03'will be next up. Repeat the naming scheme for your double episodes using only the first episode of the file.

Kodi won't care about not having an e02, e04, e06, etc. Only thing is that you won't have an episode description for the second video In The double episodes.

Unfortunately there isn't a neat way to do this in Kodi, and not have the doubling of the exact same file.

You can setup bookmarks inside the file with Kodi to separate the double episodes for viewing ease.
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
Great thanks for that!
I renamed them all to 1 3 5 7 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 which is how they are listed on the TVDB but it still isn't showing them correctly in xmbc, it's only showing a few of the episodes now. Any other ideas?
I don't want to have to split each episode manually.
You'll need a debug log of scraping the series.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Did you sort them , by episode and not by name?
(2015-10-09, 00:10)CaseCRS Wrote: I renamed them all to 1 3 5 7 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 which is how they are listed on the TVDB but it still isn't showing them correctly in xmbc, it's only showing a few of the episodes now. Any other ideas?
I don't want to have to split each episode manually.

Did you follow the right naming scheme?

EP_name.S04E01.containertype

http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
You don't need to split anything, nor having half of the episodes listed in your library.
It's very well covered in the wiki.
You just have to rename your files as s04e01e02, scrape, then create a bookmark where the second episode starts.
(2015-10-09, 01:34)host505 Wrote: You don't need to split anything, nor having half of the episodes listed in your library.
It's very well covered in the wiki.
You just have to rename your files as s04e01e02, scrape, then create a bookmark where the second episode starts.

This information is good (and already stated), but the bookmarks aren't fully the answer. As reported the file will show up twice if listed under the SxxE01E02 format, which is what the OP is trying to avoid.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=240249
I hadn't used the S04e01e02 naming convention before.
just changed them all and re-added the office to my library and they show up correctly now.
No need for bookmarks either.
With this naming convention they show up in the xbmc library vie

Thanks for the help
i
Scratch that, the episdoes are shown correctly but are not the actual episodes when I play them.
Awesome! Now I am curious why sometimes they will show up twice, and apparently sometimes they won't. Have to do some playing.
They show up correctly but it looks like each double episode is like this
E01 Fun Run
E02 Dunder miflin infinty (plays as Fun run)
E03 Launch Party (plays as Dunder miflin infinity)

and so on.
I may just end up splitting them and seeing if that works.
I ended up splitting the double episodes and now they show up exactly as they should and play in the right order as well.
(2015-10-09, 03:02)CaseCRS Wrote: They show up correctly but it looks like each double episode is like this
E01 Fun Run
E02 Dunder miflin infinty (plays as Fun run)
E03 Launch Party (plays as Dunder miflin infinity)

and so on.
I may just end up splitting them and seeing if that works.

Ah, so I am not crazy Big Grin

Your symptoms reinforce the thread I posted ( 4 up).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Office season 4 display issue0