Kodi and Lumia 950 running Windows 10
Do you think kodi can be install on the future phone Lumia 950 running Windows 10? I might be getting the Lumia 950 XL but also wanted to know if Kodi can be install on it. Thanks.
No. That would require KODI to be build as a Universal app and there are technical reasons based on our KODI is built now that makes that not possible.

Search this forum for "Windows 10 Mobile" and you'll find a few other threads on this topic already.

...oh, and I'll be getting a Lumia 950 XL as soon as I can get my hands on one! Looks like a cracking phone!
Kodi 17.6 on multiple Windows 10 x64 machines with shared MySQL 5.6.43 database. Kodi 18 on Xbox One. Content (music, video, photos) stored on Windows Server 2012 R2 file server and accessed by SMB.
Maybe once Windows Phone 10 becomes more popular someone will create an universal app version of kodi
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
If it is a phone it will also need a build for a totally different architecture as I assume they are ARM processors and not x86.
(2015-10-10, 16:26)PH-SYM Wrote: Maybe once Windows Phone 10 becomes more popular someone will create an universal app version of kodi

Maybe you misunderstood my response. It's not a "it's not popular so let's not port a build", it is significant re-architecting to work in the construct of the Universal app model.

Would it be worth it? 110 million Windows 10 PCs in the first 10 weeks since release that could use a Universal app, which could be provisioned through the Store significantly increasing discoverability, usage, ease of installation and people getting conned by "not original builds from other sources" and having a poor Kodi experience. And, it would be a little hypocritical to say this is not partially desired given Kodi is now available through the Google Play store (but not the Amazone one, but I won't get started on the issues of the Android ecosystem..).

Now, add Windows Phone which, when you look at existing devices able to be upgraded to Windows 10 Mobile alone numbers in the 10's of millions, and Xbox One which will be upgraded to new OS based on Windows 10 core in the next 8 weeks and run Universal Apps.. again, numbers in the millions.. and already running a very good 'competitor' to Kodi (Plex).

So, would it be worth looking at the re-architecting? That's up to the dev team Smile

(2015-10-10, 16:39)BatterPudding Wrote: If it is a phone it will also need a build for a totally different architecture as I assume they are ARM processors and not x86.

What do you think Android runs on? ARM Smile
Kodi 17.6 on multiple Windows 10 x64 machines with shared MySQL 5.6.43 database. Kodi 18 on Xbox One. Content (music, video, photos) stored on Windows Server 2012 R2 file server and accessed by SMB.
I'm willing to donate for a universal app version. I think there might be a lot of users willing to pay.
On the other hand, since windows 10 is build to support universal app then we might see in a near future that there will be a lot of other apps similar to Kodi to be ported. I hope it will not be too late for Kodi.
If MS releases the tool to convert W32 application to UWP app, probably it will be much easier
I have a lumia 950xl too and with windows continuum ot would be great to have kodi on it... Why anyone works on that?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi and Lumia 950 running Windows 100