Problem with an HDMI 7 inch LCD (Waveshare)
The black screen is when exiting kodi.
I tried both wheezy and jessie kodi 15.1 and OSMC kodi 15.2
Kernels 3.18 and 4.something....
- double posted the same thing -
Where are you installing from? I believe there has been a black screen on exit issue in the past bit it's fixed in recent versions. See this.

Make sure you are launching with kodi-standalone (not launching kodi.bin directly).
Ok I installed this versions and now kodi is on
kodi -v
15.1 Git:2015-08-16-f4dda26 Media Center Kodi
Copyright © 2005-2013 Team Kodi - http://kodi.tv

I don't know if it is from this versions or I didn't try it before but now using the touchscreen everything works.
When I use the KB it goes all white and after 30 sec it goes back to normal ....
Any suggestions ?
Maybe not enough power or something ?
I don't see the rainbow square indicating not enough power to the pi....

Hmm further testing shows that even Yatse makes it go all white, so it is not just the KB or underneath the commands from Yatse are transfered into KB events...
OK FIXED.
Apparently the raspberry pi 2 has some power problems with my display....
I got a usb hub that is externally powered and it works ok now.....
This is strange because my "charger doctor" says that the display draws just 0.34 A
Anyway if anyone have those problems just get an usb hub Smile
Thanks to all trying to help me.
Hi Cherva,

I've read that you solved the problem by using an USB hub with external power.
Is that the only thing that you did?
Or did you modify also some setting?

During my tests, in order to find a solution, I tried with an external powered USB hub (5V 5A) but the problem didn't change.
Now I'm using it as car mediacenter but with Rune Audio installed.

Regards,

Roberto
Yes, I didn't touch anything else..
Even my hub is 1A.
As I am building and adding more stuff to my kodi for the car I reflashed my sd card like 3-4 times now and I don't do anything else.
I just install the binary touch drivers and that is it.
The touch inside kodi is a different story...

Do you have waveshare touch screen?
Can you share a video with me showing your problem so I can try to determine if it is the same problem ?
I have the Waveshare 7 inch HDMI (B) 800x480 but now it is mounted inside my car and it's a bit problematic to take everything out Wink
Anyway the problem was that after Kodi started a white screen with garbage appeared for about 20/30 sec and then the main screen showed.
As long as I didn't touch the keyboard everything worked good, if I touched a key on the keyboard the garbage appeared again.
I tried with an USB hub (with external power), I tried also to "feed" the display with an external power supply (5V 2A) but with no results.
So I changed media software.
Thanks for your help offer.

Regards,

Roberto
Hmmmmm,
super strange it looks like you have the same problem as mine....
The only difference is that my Waveshare is the next one with 1024x600.

I tried to power them from 1 power bank, but it shuts down as soon as I add the display, but it is a cheap Chinese one and I don't think it can support 2A on the first usb and 1A on the second.....

Do you have anything big connected on the USBs ?
At the time I had just the LCD power cable connected to the USB of the Raspberry (with the parameter max_usb enabled into the config.txt), but even with two separated power supply (one for the PI and one for the LCD) the problem remained.
Consider that now the LCD is connected to the PI USB port and works perfectly.
The only test that I didn't do is to try to power the LCD through one of the two step-down (12V to 5V 3A) that I'm currently using in my car media center.
As soon as I can I will try that.

Regards,

Roberto
Try that, it should help.
My screen was working perfectly on the pi usb, and only kodi was broken.
Now on the usb hub powered separately kodi is ok also.
I am having the same problem with the white/dark lines coming and going on a Waveshare 5" display connected to a Raspberry Pi 2. I've tried powering it from a powered hub and an external power supply but neither helped. I've tried OpenELEC and OSMC. I've tried adding Kodi to a fresh installation of Raspbian and Ubuntu Mate. The result is always the same. White/dark lines. (Kodi just flashes and crashes on Mate). Has anyone solved this yet? I'm setting up a mini file/media server for traveling and Kodi is the best multimedia solution out there. (I've been using it since the early days of XBMC.)
I have installed Raspian Jessie (2016-03-18-raspbian-jessie) and have the same problem with these white/dark lines after starting kodi. It doesn't matter whether I start it from desktop or from terminal with command "kodi" order "kodi-standalone". In both cases it does not work. =(
I am not sure, but I think that the Kodi on Raspbian repo doesn't have propper touchscreen support. Try this version:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...75#p936238

Waveshare LCDs works fine. Don't forget to adjust config.txt accordingly.
Thank you rascas,

anything worked fine until the step to install kodi via apt-get. Then the message appears:

Code:
Die folgenden Pakete haben unerfüllte Abhängigkeiten:
kodi : Hängt ab von: kodi-bin (>= 2:17.0~git20160313.188ff0e-1~jessie) aber 2:15.2-2~jessie soll installiert werden
        Empfiehlt: libva-intel-vaapi-driver ist aber nicht installierbar

As it seems apt-package kodi is depending on kodi-bin. Also libva-intel-vaapi-driver must be installed but isn't installable.
If I try to install kodi-bin, another message appears and points out that kodi-bin is depending on libcrossguid1. And after try to install this package message came with:

Code:
E: Package 'libcrossguid1' has no installation candidate

I don't know what it's wrong here. Confused

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with an HDMI 7 inch LCD (Waveshare)1