Problem with an HDMI 7 inch LCD (Waveshare)
Success at last!!! Open Kodi >Settings > Audio Output> change HDMI to Analog. Tested in OSMC and DietPi w/LXDE desktop.

Here's where I got the answer: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2331039
Hi All,

This is a pretty old thread so I'm hoping someone will be able to help me.
I have a Waveshare 7" HDMI LCD screen which i have attached to a Raspberry Pi (Mk1 rev2 I believe)
I have installed the provided Raspian image and on top of this i have installed a Kodi image based on a Car PC interface.
When in Raspian everything works beautifully the minute Kodi opens the touch calibration is lost, When i run the touch calibration plugin
nothing changes nothing i do has made any difference to the touch functionality.
I can see that the touch functionality is active because the mouse pointer does move albeit weirdly intermittently also the pointer is way off, it doesn't follow where the finger touches the screen it's more like an inch or 2 away from the point of contact between finger and screen, using a clock face as a reference the pointer remains at about "4 O Clock" to point of contact.

Based on searches in Google the lack of similar reports lets me believe that others don't seem to have this issue and i would love to learn how to fix this frustrating issue.

Apologies for reporting it in this thread but as this seems to be one of the very few hits regarding the combination of this screen and Kodi i thought it might be noticed sooner if i mentioned it here, so please forgive the Hijack.

I anxiously look froward to hearing from anyone that can offer a fix for this issue.

Thanks in advance
Hello XBMCaOpen,
welcome to the forum.

Could you please open a new thread (give a link here as I am lazy) and share more details ... like the rasbian version and how you installed the touch drivers... ?
I had to use the old one as the binary drivers from Waveshare did not work on the latest kernel...
Another think is that I never needed calibration as the drivers are exactly for the LCD.....
(2016-08-30, 21:10)cherva Wrote: Hello XBMCaOpen,
welcome to the forum.

Could you please open a new thread (give a link here as I am lazy) and share more details ... like the rasbian version and how you installed the touch drivers... ?
I had to use the old one as the binary drivers from Waveshare did not work on the latest kernel...
Another think is that I never needed calibration as the drivers are exactly for the LCD.....

Hi Cherva,

Thanks for responding, as previously mentioned For Raspbian itself everything works perfectly as I used the Raspian image with drivers pre-installed, provided with the screen, so unfortunately I don't know what the kernel version is (at time of typing this) I will try look it up later when i get home. The problem comes in when trying to operate Kodi which is later installed using these instructions:
PI CarPC
Based on that site i believe the Kodi is a customversion with the carpc config patched into it...

The link to the new thread is this by the way...:
New Waveshare issue
I think you should remove everything you did in the "Calibrate the touch screen" step.
Even better to start from scratch.

My touch in Kodi works perfectly without doing this stuff.....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with an HDMI 7 inch LCD (Waveshare)1