Reverting to the old FF / RW system
Is there a way to do this? The one with left / right being 20/30 seconds or so, and up / down being a longer increment?
Yes, just set the skip values to what you want. I.e. delete what you don't. Take a read of the skip steps wiki entry - http://kodi.wiki/view/Skip_steps
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U
It feels like the code is fundamentally changed though, it's "laggy" to skip.
I could tap right arrow 3 quick times to bypass the Star Trek TNG intro and it would work perfectly and quickly, the new system feels like the processor is confused how to even fast forward, like the buffer is much smaller or it's doing some odd computation just to figure out how to skip frames?
I feel the same way about the "improved" skip system.

Have you set the "Skip Delay" to "none"? That restores the old behavior.

After doing that, you may have to edit the skip steps and remove some of the shorter ones, since your former 30/60 second skip will otherwise be 10 seconds.

In addition, you can also finally customize all your skips - including adding a forward version of "SmallSkipBack". Instead of SmallSkipBack or StepBack or BigStepBack, you can use the Seek(#) function in your keymap with a positive or negative number to seek that many seconds whenever that key is pressed.
Ok I'll investigate.

Tonight I tried to rewind about 5 minutes of a movie, I forgot about the new system and I tapped left left left about 8 times, expecting it to shift 4 or so minutes..........
It rewound to the entire start of a film.

I don't know who thought this new system would be better but..... it needs some serious work. (Oddly enough I once proposed re-writing the system, to be similar to how it is now............ i don't know what I intended but it wasn't this!)
Yeah, you definitely haven't disabled the skip delay yet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Reverting to the old FF / RW system0