Kodi deletes newly downloaded movies
I have a setup where I have a FreeNAS box with couchpotato that downloads the movies i want automatically and adds it to the movie folder. Then i have kodi installed on a windows 10 machine. I share the movies folder on the network and have kodi source from there. I already had movies in that folder before i setup kodi. So those movies play fine. Now every time i download a new movie. everything works fine. Then after I restart kodi the new movie is deleted. I check on the freenas box and indeed the contents of the entire movie have been deleted - only the folder remains.

I cant seem to find anyone on the interwebs with a similar issue.

I have Kodi v15.1

Any ideas why this is happening?
debug log (wiki) try making the share read only for Kodi perhaps?
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
There is an option in Kodi's settings that allows you to delete/rename through Kodi's interface, but you would have to manually initiate it (i.e. it's not automatic). I also don't think it was enabled by default.

Still you could check the setting - http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Appearance#File_lists
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U
Thanks a lot for the replies!

(2015-10-08, 14:45)bry- Wrote: debug log (wiki) try making the share read only for Kodi perhaps?

I will try some things this weekend and recreate the errors and upload the log if possible. First I want to determine whether its the FreeNAS box or the Kodi box. Its been working fine till now. Only when I installed Kodi on my htpc did movies start getting deleted. So kind of figured it was Kodi.

(2015-10-08, 15:00)Jogee Wrote: There is an option in Kodi's settings that allows you to delete/rename through Kodi's interface, but you would have to manually initiate it (i.e. it's not automatic). I also don't think it was enabled by default.

Still you could check the setting - http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Appearance#File_lists

Thanks for the suggestion. I have that option on however. Figure it would be nice way to manage my movies from within kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi deletes newly downloaded movies0