Questions for Developers @ #KodiDevcon2015
Are there any plans to support (custom) video nodes for remote apps like Kore or Yatse. It would make Kore more usefull on a big database.
My XBMC / Kodi history.
XBMC for XBOX -> XBMC for Windows -> XBMC for Android -> Kodi for Android - > Kodi v16 OE (Amlogic) -> Kodi v17 LE (NUC 2x) -> Kodi v18.5 LE (NUC 2x)
Please consider a kordkutters episode during the devcon :]
Any plans on updating the Stock Kodi skin (Confluence) to something a bit more modern looking or are you planning to stick with it for now?
FR: A way to edit advancedsettings.xml from the KODI GUI
TV Mosaic on Windows 10 as PVR Backend |  1 RaspberryPI 3 Client (LibreElec) | Amazon FireTV box | 5 Amazon FireTV sticks | FireTV Cube | 2 Nvidia Shield TV
Tuners: HD HomeRun 4 ATSC (OTA) | IPTV
(2015-10-09, 14:25)bry- Wrote: Q: Thoughts on emby and possibly working together in the future maybe towards an official back-end?

Hi!

Great question. I am using emby on a Freenas server that holds my media library running in "jail"
It works really great except when it comes to multi part media. Native KODI handles that really well.
If that could be improved that would be great and may even eliminate (for me) the need to have a headless KODI on FREENAS even though the idea of having a Kodi on the server controlling all the instances of other KODI installations managing all the Library info etc. still sounds appealing.

Thanks you KODI Team for your hard work and listening to user input.
Have a GREAT TIME and all the best

Alfred
I would love to know a bit more about the DVDplayer refactor:
What are its posibilities? ow is its current state?
(2015-10-09, 13:59)afedchin Wrote:
(2015-10-08, 17:45)Solo0815 Wrote: - Add recording to IPTV simple client http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=238123
The IPTV Simple client it's a kind of emulation of PVR backend. Recording requires a backend which is not exists for IPTV Simple, so it's just not possible.

Any thoughts on what this guy did? https://github.com/rkubera/pvr.iptvsimple

He claims to have it working, but I might not be understanding correctly, as I don't know how to compile PVR add-ons to see what it actually does.
Hi Kodi Team

Is there a chance to get the inofficial dual-audio-patch implemented by default into Kodi so we don’t have to worry the functionality of this on every new Kodi Version?
Q why did @xhaggi "leave pvr devel" ? He was doing some nice features when he joined the Kodi team.
(2015-10-10, 07:43)Tattoofreak Wrote: Hi Kodi Team

Is there a chance to get the inofficial dual-audio-patch implemented by default into Kodi so we don’t have to worry the functionality of this on every new Kodi Version?

No, sorry. This patch is a hacking approach as is (doubleing, tripleing the Audio Engine itself) and it is used by < 0.5% of our users - too much burdon of code management and maintaining it while the initial implementation does not fit our standards and also is not future proof. This was btw. already discussed in another development thread and also pointers given on howto integrate such a feature in a appropriate way.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-10-09, 20:41)w84no1 Wrote: FR: A way to edit advancedsettings.xml from the KODI GUI

it's an advancedsetting and such it shouldn't be in the GUI else it would already be there
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-10-09, 20:41)w84no1 Wrote: FR: A way to edit advancedsettings.xml from the KODI GUI

I think some (in my personal opinion, most) settings in as.xml could be promoted to GUI status, but it would be on a case by case basis.
(2015-10-10, 02:36)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2015-10-09, 13:59)afedchin Wrote:
(2015-10-08, 17:45)Solo0815 Wrote: - Add recording to IPTV simple client http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=238123
The IPTV Simple client it's a kind of emulation of PVR backend. Recording requires a backend which is not exists for IPTV Simple, so it's just not possible.

Any thoughts on what this guy did? https://github.com/rkubera/pvr.iptvsimple

He claims to have it working, but I might not be understanding correctly, as I don't know how to compile PVR add-ons to see what it actually does.
Thx @ned Scott for adding the link.
It is definately worth having a look at the recording code (if it is working) Wink
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
Q: The DVDPlayer rework will bring in the future the chance to have more than one video decoded and so features like pip?
(2015-10-10, 12:53)phate89 Wrote: Q: The DVDPlayer rework will bring in the future the chance to have more than one video decoded and so features like pip?

IIRC, it has been said that it will bring us one step closer to being able to have more than one video played at a time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Questions for Developers @ #KodiDevcon20151