So what am I supposed to do with these?

Six Intel Q6600 kits, including motherboard and 4x1GB of DDR2. They're old render farm machines that I got for free from work since they sorta pale in comparison to E5-2670's. They're complete and they work. I have enough Kodi machines in my home already, but I'm sorta curious about setting up at least one with some additional components to see how cheaply I can build a Kodi machine that can also maybe do some gaming, while sticking entirely with old and/or used parts. I wonder how well these CPU's can do HEVC. 1080p HEVC might be okay, maybe?
One for a Storage Server (FreeNas or Nas4free)
Use the second one Kodi and then donate or sell the rest of them.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Cool Smile
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2015-10-08, 19:20)movie78 Wrote: One for a Storage Server (FreeNas or Nas4free)
Use the second one Kodi and then donate or sell the rest of them.

Well, for the majority, I was thinking 'Home renderfarm for personal VFX projects' but I since I enjoy my kodi setups and I've bemused what low end hardware can do, I thought it might be fun to project up at least one of them.
If you wanted a bit of a hobby you could build a Hackintosh.
http://www.macbreaker.com/2012/01/is-you...tible.html

There are 64bit Intel Kentsfield CPU's in these machines.

(2015-10-08, 19:39)wrxtasy Wrote: If you wanted a bit of a hobby you could build a Hackintosh.
http://www.macbreaker.com/2012/01/is-you...tible.html

There are 64bit Intel Kentsfield CPU's in these machines.

Hackintosh is always a fun project..Big Grin
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
So what am I supposed to do with these?0