Release Kodi log viewer
This is an add-on I made for myself, I was not comfortable switching to the OS to open the, then called, xbmc.log, now Kodi.log, log file to see the latest error message some other add-on left there.

So I wrote the Kodi log Viewer add-on.

I put it in my favourites list for easy access when an error notification appears.

It is not perfect by any means, but it is better than the alternative.

Specially important for me it was that I can browse the file using the keyboard, because I control Kodi using a Harmony remote which has mapped keyboard arrows, pgup, pgdn,, home, end.

Kodi Log Viewer v1.10

I've been using it in a Windows 7 OS with Gotham, Helix and Isengard.

The only caveat I can warn you is that the number of lines in the log file is a guess based on the number of newline characters in the text. Which is not accurate, because long lines get wrapped. Some times the guess undershoots, some times it overshoots the real last line.

In the configuration you can choose how many lines are skipped with the arrows and how many with the pgup/pgdn, also you can choose to increase or decrease the level of wrapped lines guessing.
Well, I think it is now as good as it will get. I've been using it on Windows and Android for many months now.
I reduced the font size so now there are almost no wrapped lines
I added a close button so it can be closed by touch

Kodi Log Viewer v1.20

You can use the arrows, pgup/pgdn, home/end, X

I will start now to learn how to submit it to the Kodi official repository, I hope to get it there in the not so far future

Enjoy!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi log viewer1