Shows stopping. live TV
I'm sure I've missed something here and there's an easy solution. So here goes....

When I select a show from the EPG and that show finishes it stops playing and reverts to the EPG screen. This isn't ideal particularly while I put the kids tv channels on while getting ready for work. Ideally I'd like to leave a channel playing without it kicking out.

I have the primetime set n server WMC from 6am to 10pm.

This also doesn't happen all the time.
The normal way to just play a live-tv channel indefinitely is to do to the "Channels" view (rather than guide) and just click the channel you want to watch. I didn't know that viewing a 'live' show from the guide view would auto-end the show when it completes, but I assume that is what is happening in your case (and I suppose it makes some sense). Either way, this is how kodi controls the live stream and serverwmc is just honoring when kodi is choosing to close the stream.

The only other thing that could be happening is that you are running out of disk space, is that possible?
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Thanks for that. I had the channels shortcut hidden in my skin settings. So wasn't using it. I've now enabled it. That seems to work fine.

Plenty disk space available.

As I said I knew it was something simple.
Hmm still seem to have the problem. From what I can figure out is it is when I leave a channel stream on and a show is scheduled to record in that time, when the recording completes it stops the stream and kicks it back into the channel list.

I am now using the channel option not EPG to select the channel.

Let me explain my dilemma.... The kids wander into my room at 5:15am wanting breakfast and to play. Thinking that maybe I can keep them quiet for an hour or so while I have a sleep in. I put them in font of abc kids with a bowl of weetbix. Unfortunately at 5:52 they have me out of bed again as the channel has stopped. No probs abc kids back on and I'm back in bed.... Until 6:17 when the channel has stopped again. Needless to say there was no sleeping in. That in a nutshell is my dilemma.

Both times the channels stopping after shows that are set to record.
Yikes. I suggest minecraft as an alternative (works with my son anyway).

Is the recording that is starting on the same channel as the one the kids are watching? How many tuners do you have? Check the settings file (see debug tab of serverwmc) search for this setting: Decoy_LiveStreamProtectLevel and let us know what value it is set to.
Yep don't even let me get going on my why don't we have daylight savings rant.

I have 4 tuners and not recording anything else at that time.

The recording is on the same channel as the channel playing.

There is over 1tb space available.

The protect level is set to 1.
That's weird, because that is exactly the situation the live tv protection level is supposed to fix. I guess its time to look at the log file. If/when it happens again, post the serverwmc log on pastebin.com and put a link to it here. Or if it has already happened today, just post today's log.
I'll have a go at grabbing the log tonight. Cheers for that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shows stopping. live TV0