UPnP / DLAN disappearing content / NFS no access
Hello

I'm using Kodi on a Sony KD-55X8508C (Android TV).

Now I have three problems:

1. I want to use Kodi as a client for my DLNA server to stream video content from it. Adding the DLNA "share" is no problem, neither is playing content from it. But if I come back some days later the added DLNA share in the list is empty. If I want to see content again, I hhave to add the share again. It's inconvenient and it fills my content list with tons of unusable DLNA shares.

2. Problem two is that I don't know how to get rid of entries (e.g. DLNS shares, see problem one) I don't need anymore. How can I delete them? (Notice: it's an Android TV, I'm controling it with a remote control)

3. Since DLNA wasn't working as expected I tought I'm just going to stream the content via NFS instead of DLNA. Now Kodi sees my NFS shreas in the network but can't access them. If i want to open them just nothing happens. No reaction, no error message, nothing. (I believe you normally need username and password in order to access NFS shares... but where can I enter crdentials?)

Thanks for your help. If at least one of the problems can be solved (preferably one or three) I'd be happy Wink
1. It might be possible that the UPnP "address" for the server is changing? From what I can tell, most UPnP/DLNA servers don't normally change how they identify each other, so I'm not sure why this would happen. I have experienced it myself a few rare times, though. I'm not sure what to suggest for that, other than maybe just making a generic share for all UPnP/DLNA servers by adding a source as:

upnp://

and nothing else. That will make a browsable folder of all UPnP/DLNA servers on your network.

2. You should be able to bring up the context menu while the file source is selected, by pressing C on a keyboard or "menu" on a remote. The only problem is I'm not sure what Sony's Android TV is using for the "menu" button, and it might not be on your TV remote. One option might be to try a nightly build (wiki) which has a new feature for remotes that are "missing" buttons that are common to Kodi, and then use a long-press on "select" to bring up the context menu. Then you should see a delete option.

3. I'm not sure about NFS, but I do know there are a lot of good tips that should still be up to date on the wiki here: NFS (wiki)
Now I finally had the time to test your suggestions.

1. works great, thanks!

2. Still searching for the right button

3. Since upnp works now, I don't need nfs anymore

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UPnP / DLAN disappearing content / NFS no access0