buffering and artifacting
This happens on my windows 7 laptop hooked up to gig lan, core i-5, ssd and my nexus player (Android 6.0 wireless ac) as well. When playing recorded tv (mpeg2 ts file) I'll experience significant buffering and artifacting/stuttering randomly. It's especially noticeable if i pause the playback for a little bit. I tried modifying the advancedsettings.xml with:

<advancedsettings>
<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<cachemembuffersize>104857600</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfactor>20</readbufferfactor>
</network>
</advancedsettings>

which helped a little on the laptop but still it's a problem. I don't experience any issues at all playing the same files with MediaPortal or Plex. I prefer the Kodi interface so i'd love to get it working but I'm not really sure how to go about fixing the problem. Any suggestions?
What's your PVR?

And try turning deinterlacing from auto to either on or off. OSD Menu>Video settings>de interlace video

http://kodi.wiki/view/Video_playback
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
So after fighting with this for days I figured it out after posting my question. I was using ffmpeg instead of tsreader cause I could never get tsreader working right. It turns out it was a Windows 10 permissions issue on the tv server. I had to create a local user and give it full permissions on my recorded tv folder instead of using my microsoft account which I normally log into the computer with. Once I did that tsreader worked great and resolved all my issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
buffering and artifacting0