Release FREE KODI Home Automation module including voice control
I've published my free KODI home automation module, including my voice control module for Motorola Premise Home Control (which is also free).

Since a lot of folks may not be familiar with what's possible when it comes to home automation, I've also made some detailed how to videos (just watch the numbered tutorial videos in order, and be sure to read each videos description for any necessary download links). I plan to post a new module or tutorial each week. If there are any requests or issues, I can also make follow up videos. Just post your question in the respective video's comment section.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6fLTEm...C9A/videos

The KODI module I've previously demonstrated on Youtube can be downloaded via the #6 video tutorial description (browse to YouTube and click "Show More" under the description):

Everything you need to control KODI with an Android or Android Wear device using your voice has been posted (with detailed directions, a Tasker javascript, etc...) to my YouTube channel. The voice control setup is detailed, so it spans several videos (7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.3.1 and 7.4).

The Amazon Echo tutorial is coming at a future date. However, if you're tech saavy, the node.js script I created to use the Echo is posted already, so you can setup your own Echo Developer and AWS account, to use my script. How to video #7.1 includes a link to my powerful and versatile SpeechParser module that is used within Premise. This voice control module I've made isn't limited to controlling KODI, it can also control anything in your home, with very little setup (demonstrated in the how to videos from scratch for new users).

Be sure to click the "Show More" button under the #7.1 video's description which includes a zip file containing:
1. Premise SpeechParser module
2. An elegant Tasker Javascript for controlling anything in your home using "Ok Google" from your Android device (called by a single Tasker Task). No root access is required when used with Autovoice.
3. A node.js script to use when setting up the Amazon Echo
4. A basic PDF overview of setting the SpeechParser module up. For KODI library voice control setup, see how to video #7.4.

I've now added an easy to setup voice control option in the Windows 10 app store! It uses a voice enabled Cortana background service.

This does all the voice commands from before that I've shown using the Amazon Echo and Tasker/Autovoice (as it still requires you to follow my tutorial on installing Motorola Premise Home Control (FREE) and my SpeechParser module (FREE)), but now you can control KODI with Cortana from any Windows 10 device!

I had to charge a little for the app since it cost me money for the Windows App Developer account, but the tutorials and all my other Premise modules remain FREE.

Leveraging the versatility of the SpeechParser module, this is the most advanced home automation solution in the Windows Store right now.

It looks really cool! I will have to try it out once I get the hardware that can utilize it.

One thing to note, It does become somewhat hard to follow your project with multiple threads posted. I would highly recommend you just pick one, and then post on the other a link to it and ask a moderator to lock the one you aren't using. With such a new project it becomes far easier if people dont have to jump across multiple threads to find out all the info.
Good points! The other thread was a poll to see if there was interest, so once I published everything, I made another thread so that everyone was aware. I will see if the moderators would be kind enough to merge the threads. Do you know how this will affect subscriptions?

I'm no longer on travel for work, so I have less time to make more videos as I'm no longer bored in a hotel room, but some upcoming stuff I have built already and will post on youtube in the near future are:
1. EventGhost module (trigger EG events from Premise and also trigger scenes/events in Premise from EG). I use this to announce who's calling from a Windows PC, track occupancy in my office (my mouse or keyboard movement, turn off the display, etc...

Basically, anything you want to do in EG and KODI can be done by using Premise as a bridge.

2. Doorbell module: works with any IP based camera that allows an image to be grabbed via a URL, but requires a doorbell that is hooked somehow to Premise (either using a $5 X10 DS10A, wired to an alarm zone input of a security system, wirelessly connected to your PC, etc). The doorbell picture gets shown in KODI when the doorbell rings, KODI is paused, etc...

(2015-11-03, 01:08)hiphutch Wrote: It looks really cool! I will have to try it out once I get the hardware that can utilize it.

One thing to note, It does become somewhat hard to follow your project with multiple threads posted. I would highly recommend you just pick one, and then post on the other a link to it and ask a moderator to lock the one you aren't using. With such a new project it becomes far easier if people dont have to jump across multiple threads to find out all the info.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FREE KODI Home Automation module including voice control0