New list control and defaults.xml
In CommonViewTypes.xml the list control is referred to as type="list", in defaults.xml it is still referred to as type="listcontrol"

Should the defaults.xml be changed to type="list"?
at the moment both are ok but i'm guessing that "listcontrol" will be removed at some point as it looks like its only there for compability with pre 2.1 skins.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Correct.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Thanks,

so I should figure the defaults.xml will have a default "list" in the same format as in CommonViewType.xml.
yeah it should probably change to "list". same goes for thumbpanel.
Just remember that the names of the files are arbitrary. Only includes.xml is known. And there is no need for a "default" list really anyway - the list containers pretty much only contain layout information, which is likely to differ across the different list types.

I'm trying to get the new list to work in guibuilder.py. Not much of the new layout is used for python, but someone may <include> one from CommonViewTypes.xml and just wondered if defaults.xml will change.

I just translate XBMC's ResolveIncludes(), LoadIncludes() and LoadIncludesFromXML() and wondered if a change for those will be coming to accomodate the new layout for the list for defaults.

Thanks to both of you.
Nothing needs to change in those functions, no.

BTW: I want to get on with allowing python access to loading stuff from XML, so I'm interested in getting together to think through the issues and how to best handle them. I'm on IRC as per usual, or we can do stuff via the wiki or whatever.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New list control and defaults.xml0