<label>$INFO[VideoPlayer.Time(mm)]</label>
Hello,

Something thats really bugging me is if I put (mm) after VideoPlayer.Time it will only display a range of 00-60 minutes, if the video goes beyond 60 minutes the time starts counting back up from 00 - whereas it should continue displaying in minutes 61,62,63 etc.

I understand you can put (hh:mm) but I don't want this format, I just want display the total time in minutes. For example, If a Live TV movie is 2 hours long, and I'm 5 minutes from the end I want it to display "Started 115 minutes mins ago". Currently I have to live with "Started 01:55 mins ago" - It looks tacky.

Surely if I have it coded to display only in minutes (mm) then it should display this regardless if the video goes past 60, rather than looping back to 0 when it hits 60 minutes.

Both screenshots below show the same programme which started roughly 3 hrs 16 minutes ago.

<label>$INFO[VideoPlayer.Time(hh:mm)]</label>

<label>$INFO[VideoPlayer.Time(mm)]</label>

Second screenshot loops back to 00 minutes once it hits an hour - when it should read 197 min ago
The idea of having separate hours, minutes, seconds is so skins can display the time how they want.

eg

Code:
VideoPlayer.Time(hh) hours VideoPlayer.Time(mm) minutes

Quote:02 hours 23 minutes

and not to convert the time to the current format.
Yeah I get that we have the ability to use (hh:mm) (hh) or (mm). But what I'm saying is, if a programme is over 60 minutes long, and we've coded it to only use minutes and not hours/minutes, then why does it loop back to 00 when it reaches 60 minutes. It should continue displaying past 60 minutes
Because you're not coding it to only use minutes you're coding it to only display minutes.

60mins = 01 (hh) 00 (mm)
Gotcha... so the question now, is it possible to only use minutes? For example, so it displays 120 mins rather than 02:00
With variables, yes.
Oh dear, I've just had a look at variables.xml, aswel as the skinning manual - the xml file looks rather confusing. The skinning manual is really helpful, it doesn't give much for this topic, especially for what I'm trying to do?

As you can probably tell I don't have much experience with skinning Kodi, as this is my first attempt at a skin mod which I've been working on for a few months now - That said, I'm really fond of learning new tricks and tips.

I would be extremely grateful if you wouldn't mind guiding me on how to implement this correctly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
<label>$INFO[VideoPlayer.Time(mm)]</label>0