Guide issues
Been having a weird issue when I open the guide it will be a full day ahead at some random time. It seems like this started happening after I built my new mythbuntu box a few weeks ago. It doesr happen every time but seems to often often.

Is this a known issue or are there some settings I can check to prevent this from happening?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
I have the same thing happen once a week or so. Giving this a bump.
Sounds like you've got problems with your ntp server (i.e. the clock on your Kodi box is set incorrectly)
Alternatively it could be the backend that is a day out for some reason, if you re-built it recently.
Maybe you were running a local ntpd server before and it's not configured correctly since the rebuild.

You can check this on a mythbuntu backend by typing 'date' and/or 'ntpq -p' in a command line.

What kodi frontend OS / hardware are you using?

If you're using an RPi as a frontend it doesn't have it's own clock, so syncing time quickly on startup is essential.
If this fails (the time server is unavailable or slow to respond), the guide will be way out (usually this shows up as a blank guide and a date some time in 1970!).

I now run an ntp server on my backend and tell my kodi clients to use that first.
This seemed to fix the time problems I was having with slow to respond internet time servers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Guide issues0