v15 PVR Radio Stuttering
Since update to 15.* I've been experiencing problems with the audio from DVB radio channels. On initial channel selection the audio output from the channel stutters with gaps in the sound. I've tried all 15.* builds up to and including 15.2rc3 on Windows and Android with both Mediaprotal and DVB Link back-ends with the same results. I'm fairly certain this is a Kodi specific problem and not due to the PVR backend.

After channel selection, if you select 'pause' followed by 'play' then the radio channel will play without any stuttering.

Live TV Channels work correctly without any problem. The problem only seems to affect DVB radio channels.

Should I be reporting this bug elsewhere?

Thanks.
Same issue myself with tvheadend - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=240691
The bug has already been reported.
Try to increase minaudiocachelevel in advanced settings
(2015-10-18, 10:10)FernetMenta Wrote: Try to increase minaudiocachelevel in advanced settings

I've had a look, and I can't see where this can be changed. Can anyone help?
Look at advancedsettings.xml (wiki), search that page for "minaudiocachelevel" and you'll find it.
(2015-10-18, 10:10)FernetMenta Wrote: Try to increase minaudiocachelevel in advanced settings

Many thanks for that suggestion! That seemed to do the trick. Increasing 'minaudiocachelevel' seems to fix the problem; radio channels start playing without stuttering. I wonder why that change should fix the problem?
(2015-10-20, 18:16)martini Wrote: I wonder why that change should fix the problem?

Once a real-time stream started playing, the internal buffer levels won't fill. They can't because the stream is transmitted in realtime and what comes in equals that what goes out. If playback is started with not enough data in the cache, audio will suck out the queue and run dry.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Radio Stuttering0