Extended rar stacking with video db
Lightbulb 
Hi,

Usually movie releases get distributed like this:

1 CD example:
The structure is as follows:

Code:
An.American.Haunting.PROPER.DVDRip.XviD-DiAMOND\dmd-aahaunting.rar
An.American.Haunting.PROPER.DVDRip.XviD-DiAMOND\dmd-aahaunting.rar\dmd-aahaunting.avi
An.American.Haunting.PROPER.DVDRip.XviD-DiAMOND\dmd-aahaunting.nfo
An.American.Haunting.PROPER.DVDRip.XviD-DiAMOND\Subs\dmd-aahaunting-subs.rar
An.American.Haunting.PROPER.DVDRip.XviD-DiAMOND\Subs\dmd-aahaunting-subs.rar\dmd-aahaunting.idx
An.American.Haunting.PROPER.DVDRip.XviD-DiAMOND\Subs\dmd-aahaunting-subs.rar\dmd-aahaunting.rar
An.American.Haunting.PROPER.DVDRip.XviD-DiAMOND\Subs\dmd-aahaunting-subs.rar\dmd-aahaunting.rar\dmd-aahaunting.sub
.rar\.. means that something is packed within this rar.
The .rar containing an avi file is split in many rars.

Multi CD example:
The setup is identical except that there are CD folders for every cd and the Subs folder contains sub and idx files for all cds.

Code:
Miami.Vice.DVDRip.XviD-NeDiVx\nedivx-mv-xvid.nfo
Miami.Vice.DVDRip.XviD-NeDiVx\CD1\nedivx-mv-cd1.rar
Miami.Vice.DVDRip.XviD-NeDiVx\CD1\nedivx-mv-cd1.rar\nedivx-mv-cd1.avi
Miami.Vice.DVDRip.XviD-NeDiVx\CD1\nedivx-mv-cd2.rar
Miami.Vice.DVDRip.XviD-NeDiVx\CD1\nedivx-mv-cd2.rar\nedivx-mv-cd2.avi
Miami.Vice.DVDRip.XviD-NeDiVx\Subs\nedivx-mv-subs.rar
Miami.Vice.DVDRip.XviD-NeDiVx\Subs\nedivx-mv-subs.rar\nedivx-mv-cd1.idx
Miami.Vice.DVDRip.XviD-NeDiVx\Subs\nedivx-mv-subs.rar\nedivx-mv-cd1.sub
Miami.Vice.DVDRip.XviD-NeDiVx\Subs\nedivx-mv-subs.rar\nedivx-mv-cd2.idx
Miami.Vice.DVDRip.XviD-NeDiVx\Subs\nedivx-mv-subs.rar\nedivx-mv-cd2.sub

In 99% of all releases this directory structure is correct. There is no convention for naming rars, avi, nfo, sub or idx files within rars.
However the unique directory structure makes it clear what a rar contains.

As seen above a difference between releases can, however, be that the rar in the Subs directory contains a second rar, holding the idx . Others have the idx and sub directly in the same rar.

In an my ideal world xbmc would be aware of this directory structure and would be able to get the imdb url for the rared movies directly from the nfo when scanning movies. It would not identify the multiple cd folders as different movies (in libary view).
While playing a movie, stacking should work with mutli cd releases, and the subs should be retrieved from the rars.

This means that for a 1 cd release most of this works allready (except for the subs stuff) but having a multi cd releases properly in library view requires you to unpack it.

If a developer thinks this is a decent idea, I would be glad to help out. I haven't coded a lot in c++ and not for xbmc either. However, I am sure I can figure it out if someone points me towards the files which I should look at and with some support via irc.

@spiff: I think the changes for the movie db are done and implementing the above would not interfere with the work which you are currently doing!?

Thx for reading.
DonJ
wtf?

xbmc does every single thing you propose. and i fail to see why the db would be involved at all.

i have the very same movie myself, stacked, uses the subs, the whole shabang.
with my latest changes it even uses the nfo file to fetch the imdb url.
Uhm no, at least not with the lastet t3ch built.

- Video stacking across rared movie CD folders does not work.
- If I do a movie lookup on the Miami.Vice.DVDRip.XviD-NeDiVx folder, nothing happens
- Subs do not work automatically with this dir structure it is only possible to browse for them manually

Well the only thing that it has todo with the db is that it should use the url from the nfo to fetch the data.
yeh was a bug with smb. works with ccx. fixed in svn.

and search the forums for clues why the lookups doesnt work - about half the recent posts are about it and i'm freaking tired of explaining it Wink
hint; set content

subs work perfect here - the very same release. just wait for a new build / build yourself.
Ok thx, I actually did set the content. I am aware of the changes you made. I will test all of it with a newer build soon.

Thx for your patience Wink
I just tested it with XBMC-SVN_2007-01-24_rev7731-T3CH. The lookup doesn't seem to be working with multi cd folders..

- Clean install
- Content lookup set to imdb

Here is what happens:
- I get movie information for Miami.Vice.DVDRip.XviD-NeDiVx
- Nothing happens
- If I now click up or down Miami.Vice.DVDRip.XviD-NeDiVx stays selected.

- If i enter the Miami.Vice.DVDRip.XviD-NeDiVx folder, I see an empty folder
- If I go back out stacking is suddenly activated

You can find a debug log here: http://phpfi.com/197399
Btw. we established that I missed out the "Make archives with one file transparent" in the Appearance Settings. However the exception thrown during the process described above is a bug.
issue fixed in svn.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extended rar stacking with video db0