Make your own TV station with the LazyTV addon!
(2015-10-16, 15:06)natethomas Wrote: Toggling settings would be too much work. I'm willing to give it another look, but the fact that settings need to be toggled doesn't give me a ton of hope.

Nate, that a joke?... Toggling settings amounts to choosing what types of channels you want to build.

Technically just launching PTVL after install forces some initial channels... "for the toggle phobic".

BTW show me one aspect of Kodi that doesn't require users to toggling a setting... Hmm
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
The entire addon system doesn't require settings to be toggled.
From a different perspective, I really like PTVL and it wasn't too hard for me to set up. I think the only issue I really had with it was that the overlay controls didn't always work, which I believe has since been fixed. It was very different from most XBMC/Kodi stuff that I had set up before, and that did trip me up a little bit, but the extensive configuration allows for exactly what I want.

I haven't used it a lot lately simply because I haven't really been in "casual watching" mode, where that kind of layout works best, but I still consider the idea a killer feature.
(2015-10-16, 16:06)natethomas Wrote: The entire addon system doesn't require settings to be toggled.

lol do you even use Kodi? Most plugins have settings to adjust. Every program available to Kodi requires adjusting settings.
(2015-10-16, 17:56)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-10-16, 16:06)natethomas Wrote: The entire addon system doesn't require settings to be toggled.

lol do you even use Kodi? Most plugins have settings to adjust. Every program available to Kodi requires adjusting settings.

Many plugins have settings to adjust. The addon system itself does not.
Look, this is all good conversation, but a little off topic.

Lets get back to the main purpose of this thread which is to provide me with good feels.

Thank you.
(2015-10-16, 22:37)Karnagious Wrote: Look, this is all good conversation, but a little off topic.

Lets get back to the main purpose of this thread which is to provide me with good feels.

Thank you.

(2015-10-16, 15:06)natethomas Wrote: Toggling settings would be too much work. I'm willing to give it another look, but the fact that settings need to be toggled doesn't give me a ton of hope.
Sorry. One last comment after reading. Nate why not try the current version of PseudoTV Live and provide some feedback for Lunatixz to work with. Maybe try using it for a week and see how it works for you.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2015-10-16, 22:37)Karnagious Wrote: Look, this is all good conversation, but a little off topic.

Thank you.

I use LazyTV every day and it's what helped me eliminate my massive backlog. Big Grin
Big fan of both addons, and use both on a regular basis. I'd definitely recommend LazyTV to anyone, and PTVL to anyone I trust enough to put time in to learn how to set it up (which isn't actually that hard to learn - I had my first basic setup done in half an hour, way back when).

@natethomas the main reason you need to enter the settings before you can run PTVL is because you need to either set it up fully or to let it know what to auto tune. If you have a nice sized library you can get it to auto tune all your existing playlists, make a channel for each genre, or even each network. There are also other auto tune options like community lists from YouTube and addons from the Kodi repo.

I get what you mean about addons being plug and play, but unfortunately that just can't be the case for everything. Not everything can be made to be newbie friendly, some stuff is just too advanced and needs a more technically advanced user base. Something like PTVL offers a functionality that just cannot be P'n'P. It's essentially a PVR system for locally stored (and live) content - yet it was quicker for me to set up PTVL than it was to feed my dish through my HTPC, into a backend, then into Kodi as a front end. That, very much, was not plug and play.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Make your own TV station with the LazyTV addon!0